All PGA of Canada professionals are classified by categories according to his or her education, years of experience, contributions to the game and other relevant factors. Achieving Master Professional status is the highest designation a PGA of Canada professional can ascend to. This designation represents a demonstration of in-depth knowledge of an area of expertise in the golf industry. A Master Professional will share this knowledge through a thesis contributing to the body of information and resources in the Canadian golf industry.
The Master Professional Review Committee (composed of the Chief Innovation Officer, a National Master Facilitator, a Class “A” member in the same area of expertise as the applicant, the chairman of Education Committee, and an academic advisor) oversees and recommends course of action to the PGA of Canada National Board for the obtainment of Master Professional status.
Do you meet the following criteria?
1. Class “A” member in good standing with the PGA of Canada
2. Minimum of ten (10) years as a Class “A” member
3. Minimum of five (5) years in a relative area of expertise
In order to apply, the applicant must include:
1. Application form (see below)
2. Proposed thesis statement
3. Release form (see below)
4. Application fee payment of $500