Teaching Professional/ Golf Shop: Mill Woods Golf Club - Edmonton, AB
Mill Woods Golf Course is operated by MCARFA (Mill Woods Cultural and Recreational Facility Association), who’s mandate is to build and operate recreational and cultural facilities for the Mill Woods Community and the City of Edmonton.
In the 1980’s, the City of Edmonton was the main developer of the community of Mill Woods. At that time, the Mill Woods Golf Course was to be developed by the City of Edmonton. Because of financial restraints, the Golf Course development and operation was offered to MCARFA. MCARFA had worked with the city to develop the arenas at the Mill Woods Recreation Center. MCARFA took over operation of the Mill Woods Golf Course in June 1989. MCARFA also kept up it’s mandate of developing community facilities by developing the track at the Campus Site by the High Schools in Mill Woods, resurfacing of the tennis courts, developing the $4.2 million dollar Jackie Parker Recreation Area and in 2003, building the 3-B (Blade, Bike, Board) Park for the Mill Woods Community.
MCARFA has been successfully providing recreational services to our community for over 45 years. Our emphasis has always been on quality.
- Mill Woods Golf Club - Edmonton, AB
- Job Summary
- Work as the Club’s Teaching Professional while assisting in Golf Shop operations part time.
During hours in the Pro Shop the Teaching Professional will be expected to but not limited to:
• Report to the Head Golf Professional
• Book tee times and check golfers in
• Direct Back Shop staff and Outdoor Services staff in the manner of hospitality and golfer experience
• Sell merchandise
• Sell driving range buckets and passes
• Engage with the golfers in a welcoming and polite manner
• Present themselves in a Professional manner through communication and attire
• Be a representative of the Club in the manner of on-course/golfer needs
The Teaching Professional will be expected to but not limited to:
• Teach individual golf lessons
• Teach group golf lessons and clinics
• Offer Club fitting services with sales running exclusively out of the Mill Woods Golf Club Pro Shop
• Engage in on-course promotions and events
- Must be an active PGA of Canada member with a minimum TCCP 1 and 2 completed.
- Additional coaching experience and training an asset.
Commensurate with industry experience
- To be discussed
- Course Website
- <a href="https://www.millwoodsgolfcourse.com/">https://www.millwoodsgolfcourse.com/</a>
- Employment Duration
March 1 to November 1
- Contact Information
- Please email questions/applications to firstname.lastname@example.org