Seasonal Golf Shop Assistant (Multiple Positions)
Do you like the idea of working in a positive, busy recreational environment?
Do you love the game of golf, or like the idea of working in the golf business?
Kelowna Springs Golf Club is beginning a search for candidates to work BOTH part & full time in the Golf Shop beginning in March, ending sometime in late October.
We are a full length, championship 18-hole golf course designed by Les Furber. We pride ourselves on providing an enjoyable & positive golf experience for each and every customer coming to the facility. The golf business has thrived the last 2 seasons largely due to the pandemic limiting other activities for people. If you’re looking to work in a fun, fast paced work environment with supporting team members, this just might be the place for you! Golf shop team members are responsible for being the hub of communication with our customers each and every day.
We are searching for individuals who bring fresh, dynamic and outgoing personalities to join the golf shop team for the 2022 golf season and hopefully beyond.
If you’d like a spot on the team, candidates should be ready & motivated to work beginning in March, and ending sometime in late October. Candidates must also be open to working weekends and holidays if asked throughout the golf season.
- Kelowna Springs Golf Club - Kelowna, BC
- Ensure the proficient operation of the golf shop, tee times & managing our phone system
- Ensure that exceptional guest service is provided and that our guests enjoy a great golf experience
- Guest check in, sales and point of sales operation including handling of cash and reconciling transactions at the end of each day
- Take pride in maintaining clean and organized workspace and clubhouse. This includes keeping organized inside the golf shop and outside the clubhouse
- Golf shop merchandising, displays and paying attention to the cleanliness of their working area
- To work effectively with team members in all of the departments around the facility
These tasks cover typical duties on a day to day basis. There are often other tasks that need to be covered over the course of the season, we expect candidates for this position to be open to tackling these sorts of things head on. The entire team here is often bouncing around and helping one another out throughout the day which makes each work day fun and less repetitive!
- Being comfortable using the public announcing system to communicate with customers
- Must be comfortable in dealing with conflicts such as outside alcohol, slow play, and handling challenging customers at times.
- Compensation for this position is largely based on experience and commitment of individuals being considered.
- Wages for this position are highly competitive because we are serious about finding quality candidates.
- Starting wage for this position is $19/hr. Starting wage might be even higher depending on the candidate in question and what they bring to the table. If we believe a candidate is highly motivated and shows a commitment level to our satisfaction there will be a strong consideration for an increase in their starting wage right out of the gate.
- Profit sharing program based on employees working a minimum of (168 hours) & job performance
- Golf benefits
- 50% Meal discounts within the facility
- Merchandise discounts
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
- Actual start times in March of each year, and end times in late October each year fluctuate based on weather. Historically, these dates average March 5 to October 31.
- Contact Information
Interested applicants should submit a resume to email@example.com
Even though the position does not start until spring, we invite you to apply now. It is our hope that we will find a candidate who will excel in the role, and will plan to return for several seasons. Winters can be your time for ski, for travel, or for other pursuits.