Since the creation of the first metalwood in 1979, the TaylorMade Golf Company has established a legacy of breaking from tradition to reach new thresholds of performance. Driven to lead the industry in product innovation, TaylorMade is committed to exploring new frontiers, pushing the limits of product manufacturing, and constantly pursuing the next great breakthrough in golf.
- TaylorMade - Woodbridge, Ontario
- Job Summary
- Responsible for the equipment fitting of players and guests consisting of, but not limited to, PGA Tour and Staff Professionals, as well as guests of such professionals, and other Corporate VIP’s. The day-to-day responsibilities include the operation of all company fitting systems.
- Deliver first-class service prior to arrival, during the client’s time on-site through to departure, as well as any subsequent follow-up work required to ensure a seamless experience, while delivering quality sales.
- Expert on equipment and fitting and capable of training TaylorMade Staff Professionals, sales and experiential representatives, and other TM employees.
- Expertly fit players of varied skill levels from recreational golfers of any size, speed, or ability to Tour player, Club Professional Staff member, elite college, amateur, junior players.
- Maintain a high level of working knowledge of the company’s fitting equipment and other fitting systems and use that expertise in the fitting of players and enhance the experience.
- Utilize a high level of understanding of industry equipment trends with a particular focus on key components relating to the building of golf clubs and their impact on fitting and performance.
- Maintain and utilize an expert working knowledge of the company’s current product line and future product trends as well as those of the competitive set.
- Contribute to establishing and identifying elements contained in the fitting process that will standardize and make the fitting experience more consistent.
- Build and adjust golf equipment for fittings. Maintain TM component inventory needed to run the service needs of the facility both in demo product and “Straight to the Tee” program fabrication componentry.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace and presentation area for clients and staff
- Assist in the management of fitting calendar and business reporting as required.
- Assist in the maintenance and calibration of TMPL Fitting Lab and Workshop Equipment
- Performs other responsibilities as required
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Must have an unflinching passion for the sport of golf, and the golf industry
- Must have a hospitality first mind-set, with strong interpersonal, visual, auditory and public relations skills as appropriate to meet and interact with all guests and industry partners.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the golf swing and how it influences and impacts fitting golf equipment for all players.
- Must have significant understanding club fitting and product knowledge with particular emphasis on the workings of the company’s MAT-T / GEARS Motion Capture, as well as Foresight, Quintic, and TRACKMAN systems
- Must possess a high-level of golf skills, knowledge and terminology
- Familiarity with Microsoft office, iOS and databases
- Familiarity with retail point of sale and processing Moneris transactions
- A strong self-starter with ability to work independently
Education, Work Experience, and Professional Certifications:
- University Degree/PGM Program Diploma preferred
- PGA of Canada Professional designation preferred
- 2 years of experience in Custom Fitting or relevant golf industry experience required
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- Position may require some travel
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs and occasional use of a ladder
The above description is intended to show in general terms, the responsibilities for which the position exists and the type, level and work which must be satisfactorily performed in order to be successful in the position. However, this description is not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements nor an all-inclusive list of skills and abilities required to do the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the duties, responsibilities and activities or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions at any time with or without notice.
- To be negotiated
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
- 7-month contract position
- Contact Information
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.