Manager of Golf Operations: Antigonish Golf Club - Antigonish, NS
- Antigonish Golf Club - Antigonish, NS
- Job Summary
- The Club is seeking the services of a professional and dynamic individual to provide the leadership required in effectively managing all facets of the club (financial and operational) and ensuring the Club experience meets the standards and expectations of the membership.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Manager of Golf Operations will be responsible for:
• Supervising full-time, part-time and seasonal employees and guiding Club personnel towards optimum results while maintaining a high level of member satisfaction.
• Managing the Club’s activities and working closely with the Superintendent to ensure and maintain the quality of products and services provided by the Club.
• Assisting with marketing and membership strategies with programs designed to promote the club’s services and facilities to potential and present members.
• Preparing and implementing operational and capital budgets as approved by the Board; monitoring monthly the financial performance of the Club and taking effective corrective actions as required.
• Ensuring adherence and compliance with established policies and procedures while recommending new policies and/or amendments.
The Manager of Golf Operations will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Professional Golf Management plus have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role; or equivalent combination of training and experience. The ideal candidate will also have:
• Proven track record in strong managerial, leadership, promotional and human resource skills to promote the entire facility and motivate, direct and lead a customer service-oriented team.
• Strong ability to interpret financial reports, identify risks and make sound financial recommendations.
• Strong business acumen and ability to effectively adapt to changes in the industry.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word; Excel; Outlook; PowerPoint) and knowledge of Golf Management Software (Golf Genius; Chronogolf) and Social Media platforms.
• Class “A” Professional and PGA of Canada Member in good standing.
• Based on qualifications and experience.
• Salary range $60,000-$75,000.
• Bonus incentives on pro-shop revenue also negotiable.
• PGA of Canada professional dues.
• Continuing education and/or professional development to a maximum of $1000.
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
• Full-time contract position.
• Anticipated start date is ASAP.
- Contact Information
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Hiring Committee Antigonish Golf & Country Club
PO Box 1341 Antigonish, NS, B2G 2L7
(when sending application via email, please submit in MS word format or PDF)
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only candidates selected for the interview will be contacted