Seasonal Head Professional: Glencairn Golf Club, Halton Hills, ON
It's been said that Glencairn is the closest you'll come to Scotland without crossing the Atlantic.
From the moment you pass the stone gates and wind your way between rock fences to the majestic multi-turreted clubhouse, you will feel like you just arrived at a Scottish links.
Designed by Thomas McBroom, Glencairn's 27 links-style holes are punctuated by steep pot bunkers and framed by fescue that waves menacingly in the ever-present wind that buffets the Halton Hills just west of Toronto. Burns (narrow meandering streams) cut through the heaving landscape of the Niagara Escarpment. You'll have to be creative on the tight lies that surround the mammoth undulating greens.
Afterwards, luxuriate in the castle-like clubhouse modeled after Scotland's Muirfield, featuring brilliant photographs from three decades of Open Championship golf taken by award-winning photographer Doug Ball.
Grab an ale in a cozy corner of the magnificently appointed Friar Pub or end your work week with a Friday night on the patio listening to one of the live bands that offer some sounds of the summer to savour with your delectable meal. The magnificent clubhouse is also an idyllic spot for hosting weddings, banquets or meetings.
Make the short jaunt to Glencairn, transport yourself to Scotland, and save the plane fare.
- Glencairn Golf Club, Halton Hills, ON
- Job Summary
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work and grow professionally within ClubLink. Under the supervision of the Director of Golf Operations and with an energetic, dynamic and highly motivated team, manage all aspects of golf operations at RattleSnake Point Golf Club and ensure that the facility meets the service standards of ClubLink
• Recruitment, hiring, training, and supervision of all staff including assistant and teaching professionals, outside assistants, mechanics, starters and rangers.
• Implementation of policies and procedures and regular scheduling of staff meetings.
• Oversee all golf services and operations.
• Oversee the rental and maintenance of golf cars.
• Oversee the reservation system, starting, and monitoring of play.
• Track and verify all players and guests.
• Oversee the administration of the handicap program.
• Enforce all rules and regulations governing golf course usage.
• Develop and manage an innovative tournament program that services all customer segments.
• Develop and oversee the golf instruction and golfer development programs for all customer segments.
• Oversee the operations of a well-managed practice facility.
• Maintain close working relationship with the Superintendent and other department heads.
• Assist in the marketing and promotion of new memberships / play.
• Assist in the preparation of budgets, including forecasting and review of all golf revenues and expenses on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
• Maintain and oversee a profitable merchandise concession that is consistent with patron demographics and needs.
• Implement cash and systems controls to ensure the safekeeping of assets, inventory and resources.
• Oversee and approve all weekly golf staff time sheets /payroll, purchase orders, and invoices.
• Supervise physical inventories and the display of merchandise. Assist in the development of necessary systems to safeguard inventories.
• Assist in the publication of newsletters, informational and promotional materials.
• CPGA Class "A" Professional preferred
• A keen desire to deliver outstanding customer service.
• Ability to take initiative and solve problems effectively.
• Be extremely organized, with experience in managing events, leagues and retail.
• Have an engaging personality with good work habits.
• Ability to learn and develop skill sets.
• Proficient in Word and Excel software.
• Experience with IBS System and Golf Genius Software
- This is a seasonal salary position.
- Employment Duration
- Contact Information
This is a full-time seasonal position. Start date is based on the Club's opening date.
ClubLink is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive workplace. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if a workplace accommodation is needed throughout the selection process. Thank you for your interest in ClubLink Accepting applications until: April 1, 2023