Head Golf Professional: The Fairmont Chateau Whistler - Whistler, British Columbia
Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Club is mountain golf at its finest, designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., in 1993, carved out of the slopes of the coastal mountain range and provides a memorable golf experience, both fun and a challenge for everyone. Chateau Whistler ranks 86th in Canada from Score Golf’s latest rankings. The golf experience at Chateau Whistler is one to remember while there may be some frowns at the tight fairways our guests always smile at the spectacular scenery. Our club has 250 members with 70% living in the Whistler area. 2022 saw 26,000 rounds, not bad for a 5 ½ month season. Located 2 minutes from our 529 room five star hotel. Chateau Whistler is a very unique location.
Are you an outdoor person who loves to hike, bike, fish, wake board, paddle board or ski/snowboard? Maybe yes is the answer to all listed? Our golf season starts about May 10th and finishes at Canadian Thanksgiving it’s a short season but action packed. Living in Whistler caters for the person who loves the outdoors and has a sense of adventure then to cap it off the successful candidate gets to work for a world class brand. Who is ready for a new journey?
- The Fairmont Chateau Whistler - Whistler, British Columbia
- Job Summary
The Fairmont Chateau Whistler is seeking for someone who will fit into the lifestyle while being an industry leader. The future Head Professional will oversee the golf operation, they should be well qualified, have a dynamic personality, be an exceptional leader, understand 5 star service, have a passion for golf and have a want to continue to learn.
Summary of Responsibilities: (if your applying for this job you should be very aware what the role is)
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service.
- Assist in marketing all facilities and services of the Golf Course.
- Assist in preparing an annual budget for approval and administer that budget in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with community members.
- Be an innovative leader within the Golf industry.
- Conduct effective hiring, training, coaching and counselling according to hotel policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the overall scheduling of the course is efficient so that guests, tournament functions, etc., do not pose conflicts to the Golf operations.
- Assist in developing and executing the Golf marketing and media plans in conjunction with the Director of Sales and Director of Public Relations.
- Must demonstrate a competency for the game of golf, with a view to continually improve the understanding of the product we are selling, and have the ability to play golf in a public relations role with key clients and guests
- Interpret and adhere to the hotel’s policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for retail operation, Coaching programs and member events.
- Actively participate in The Fairmont Chateau Whistler’s environmental program and drive department specific initiatives towards sustainable operations.
- Actively support Health & Safety
Profile- are you the right fit
The Head Golf Professional will report to the Director of Golf. The Head professional role is one of the most important hires for our property this year. The successful individual will have the chance to make a real difference in our guest experience and leave our members and guests with memories for life. To fit this position, one should have some of the below attributes.
- Class “A” Golf Professional with the PGA of Canada and member in good standing.
- Proven track record as a Head Golf Professional or Associate Golf Professional at a golf club.
- Has a passion, intrinsic desire, and willingness to serve. Dedicated to providing exceptional service to members and guests.
- Inspired leader who can direct and hold their team accountable.
- Highly organized, efficient and detail oriented.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with an ability to work with committees and individuals.
- A strong business acumen is required to manage/operate annual operating and capital budgets and pro shop retail operations.
- Proficient with excel and related software with in the industry Concept, Golf Genius etc.
- Passion for continued learning and comes to work with an open mind.
• $70,000 - $75,000 Annually
• Bonus Structure based on department and hotel goals, more details during interview
• 80% Teaching Revenue, $120 per hour
• PGA of Canada Dues paid
• Taylor Made Club Package
• Clothing package
• Cell phone
• Pension matching
• Health Benefits
• Fairmont employee travel discounts
• Meal plan
- Course Website
- <a href="https://www.fairmont.com/whistler/golf/fairmont-chateau-whistler-golf-club/">https://www.fairmont.com/whistler/golf/fairmont-chateau-whistler-golf-club/</a>
- Employment Duration
- Contact Information
Are you the right fit?
I would love to hear from you please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org,
I will do my best to get to all applications
Please reach out with any questions via email or call my office 604-938-2091
Look forward to hearing from potential candidates Danny Long, Director of Golf Fairmont Chateau Whistler