Head Golf Professional - Belvedere Golf Club
The Belvedere Golf Club has been in the heart of Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, since 1902. Ranked in the top 35 oldest courses in Canada, Belvedere offers a second-to-none golf experience in Charlottetown. Our semi-private club has a vibrant membership with over 700 members annually and an exceptional Junior Program, Women’s Night, Men’s Night and 12 Corporate golf outings annually. Belvedere also hosts The Island Open, the longest-running competitive tournament in the Maritimes. The Island Open brings in the best Amateurs and Professionals from the Atlantic Provinces.
What We Offer – The Belvedere Golf Club offers a challenging Par 72 18-hole golf course spread across 150 acres in Charlottetown. The golf course can play as long as 6,515 yards from the back tees. We also offer four additional tee options to ensure golfers of all levels have a comfortable tee to play from. Our practice facilities include a driving range, a full-size putting green, chipping green, and a par three practice hole with two bunkers. Our full-service Pro Shop is always stocked with all golfer's needs. During winter, all our members and guests can keep their game in shape with our Golf In Simulators.
- Belvedere Golf Club, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
- Job Summary
- The Head Golf Professional will play an integral role in day-to-day operations. Our primary focus is member and guest satisfaction while utilizing our facilities. The Head Golf Professional will oversee the Pro Shop, Guest Services, Member Events, and Corporate Events and work closely with other team leaders to ensure our primary focus is to provide extraordinary member guest experiences.
The Head Golf Professional will report directly to the Operations Manager and will be responsible for the following:
- Manage golf course operations, recruit, train, and supervise all golf staff, including the professional team, pro shop staff, golf services, starters, and marshals.
- Mentor and lead existing golf professional staff, pro shop staff and golf services staff.
- Operation of all practice facilities, maximizing the facility's potential.
- Instruct all junior clinics, camps, and programs currently in place.
- Implement new platforms to engage members and guests in golf instruction.
- Execute all member and corporate events.
- Mentor and develop all staff, fostering a culture of growth and respect.
- Build and grow relationships with all members of Belvedere in a kind and respectful manner.
- Handle all inquiries from members and guests, including questions, comments, and concerns, in a timely and professional manner.
Professional Shop Management
- Build and maintain an appearance that is second to none with all pro shop staff.
- Maintain a significant focus on inventory management, sales planning, and membership offerings.
- Train all staff on products and services Belvedere offers.
- Provide a customer service experience that members and guests will remember.
Clinic and Lesson Program
- Design unique concepts for game improvement while continuing with Belvedere’s already impactful Junior Golf program.
- Execute private lessons, golf clinics, and junior development strategies with our current professional team.
- Work and coordinate with the Prince Edward Island Golf Association in strategic planning for growing the game of golf in Charlottetown.
- Implement and coordinate member events using Golf Genius software.
- Attend meetings with tournament organizers and execute all Corporate Golf Events.
- Create exciting new member events, including golfers of all skill levels.
- PGA Class A Member with two plus years of management experience.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Relevant education and experience.
- Proficient with club management software and Golf Genius-type platforms.
- Ability to work flexible hours throughout the golf season. Including weekends and holidays.
Belvedere Golf Club offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package.
- Bonus structure
- 80/20 Teaching Revenue
- Extended Health and Dental Care Plan
- PGA Of Canada Dues
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Relocation allowance available
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
March 1st, 2024 – December 20th, 2024
Full time Seasonal
- Contact Information
Please email a cover letter and resume to Jeff Affleck, Operations Manager, at email@example.com.
Application deadline is December 15th, 2023.