Head Golf Professional: Vespra Hills Golf Club
Vespra Hills Golf Club is a 27-hole private facility on an incredible landscape in Minesing, Ontario. Our three nines are distinct in design and provide a daily variety that our Members continue to enjoy each season, since 2003. What was once considered a hidden gem, is now a highly sought-after club as we continue to grow and improve each and every year.
- Vespra Hills Golf Club - Minesing, Ontario
- Job Summary
The Head Golf Professional will work hand-in-hand with the General Manager/Executive Professional to provide day-to-day general direction and management to the Golf Shop and personnel associated with the golf operations to ensure they satisfy the best interests of the members and guests.
The Head Golf Professional is responsible for continually developing and implementing all service standards through proper hiring and training of staff. They are also responsible for maximizing revenues in all aspects of the golf operation while working within the approved budget.
- Primary Duties:
- Oversee all golf services and operations.
- Enforce all rules and regulations governing golf course usage.
- Develop and manage an innovative tournament program that services all customer segments.
- Develop and oversee golf instruction and golfer development programs for all customer segments.
- Oversee the operations of a well-managed practice facility.
- Attend all Manager and Member Committee meetings.
- Maintain close working relationships with the Superintendent and other department heads.
- Assist in the marketing and promotion of new memberships / play.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, including forecasting and review of all golf revenues and expenses on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Maintain and oversee a profitable merchandise concession consistent with patron demographics and needs.
- Implementation of policies and procedures and regular scheduling of staff meetings.
- Recruitment, hiring, training, and supervision of all staff including assistant and teaching professionals, outside services, starters, and rangers.
- Oversee and approve all weekly golf staff time sheets /payroll, purchase orders, and invoices.
- Supervise physical inventories and the display of merchandise. Assist in the development of necessary systems to safeguard inventories.
- Assist in the publication of newsletters and promotional materials.
- Class A PGA of Canada Member in good standing, with experience as a Head Professional or First Associate considered an asset.
- Positive, professional attitude and a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent member service, sales, and organizational skills
- Club fitting and equipment (Trackman & Flightscope) knowledge in an asset
- Experienced instructor conducting Private lessons/clinics & camps
- Knowledge of suppliers, merchandise, vendors, as well as inventory control of these items
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion
- Ability to interpret and implement company rules, policies and procedures
- Experienced Microsoft Word and Excel user. Proficient in other applications, i.e. Golf Genius, Tee-on, Etc.
- Previous experience in the Private Club industry is considered an asset
- Attractive year-round Salary (to be agreed on)
- Private and Group lesson revenue
- Strong bonus potential at year-end
- Meal plan
- Staff equipment package
- Clothing allowance
- PGA of Canada Dues paid for by the Club
- Cell phone & computer provided by Club
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Management & Leadership
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
- Year-round, Full-time
- Contact Information
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Chris McNair, General Manager/Director of Golf at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Head Golf Professional” in the subject line.
Vespra Hills GC would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only be contacting candidates under consideration. Accommodation We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.