Head Associate Professional
This is a unique job position that will offer the selected candidate the opportunity to experience all facets of the operation while growing their career and maintaining an exceptional work/life balance.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Glendale Golf & Country Club was established in 1946 and was originally designed by Stanley Thompson. Glendale has hosted many provincial and national events. It is a picturesque and challenging course that provides exceptional customer service and an unrivalled experience for members and guests.
- Glendale Golf and Country Club - Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Job Summary
Reporting to the Head Golf Professional, the Head Associate Golf Professional is responsible to provide leadership and execution in the planning and delivery of all duties related to the Golf Operations. To provide a high-quality, safe and valued experience for both the members and staff.
The Head Associate Golf Professional is responsible for fulfilling all Professional duties listed in the Duties and Responsibilities section.
This position is all encompassing of management, operational duties and progressive strategies.
- Act as a leader in the Golf Shop Operations
- Provide a safe and exciting work environment for the Golf Shop Staff
- Train staff with the intention of providing an exceptional member service
- Assist in management of all Golf Shop supplies. Including, but not limited to stationary items and computer supplies.
- Lead in management of all Golf Shop Inventory Items & Controls.
- Assist in the annual purchasing of Golf Shop Inventory including finding unique items to improve the quality of the shopping experience for members and guests.
- Provide an exceptional golf experience for members and guests
- Provide an exceptional lesson experience for members and guests
- Provide an exceptional club fitting experience for members and guests
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide an exceptional level of member and guest service.
- Lead in the role of hiring and management of all Golf Shop Operations staff with direct assistance from the Head Professional.
- Assist the Head Golf Professional in creating the annual scheduling template to optimize member service.
- Provide timely schedules to the staff through the Sling Scheduling Software.
- Manage shift changes, sick calls, no-shows etc.
- Assist in training, supervision and coordination of daily activities and duties of the Golf Operations staff.
- Motivate and lead staff in providing an exceptional member experience.
- Manage and provide all Golf Shop staff with the necessary items to complete daily tasks.
- Ensure the Golf Shop and Golf Operations areas are kept in a clean and organize manner.
- Monitor and manage retail inventory, ordering, receiving and merchandising.
- Lead in the organization and scoring of select leagues through the Golf Genius platform with assistance from the Head Golf Professional.
- Lead in the organization and execution of Tuesday corporate events.
- Assist and oversee general club events including Women’s Events, Member Events & Junior Events.
- Lead in the organization and scoring of the winter simulator league.
- Responsible for efficient and friendly customer service throughout the Golf Shop, checking in golfers, accurately ringing up charges at the register and properly checking in all golfers to play.
- Help organize and promote all Club Tournaments and other special events/functions at the Club.
- Be informed about promotions and to communicate important information to the membership.
- Assist in practice facility management.
- Ensure daily assignments are completed in their respective areas to meet Club standards.
- Provide an exceptional club fitting & lesson experience.
- Assist in the creation and execution of instructional programs.
- Club Repair – basic club repair and maintenance.
- Notify supervisors of member/guest complaints at the time they occur and resolve customer complaints as soon as possible.
- Perform additional duties they arise and may be assigned.
- $42,000 - $48,000 Annual Salary
- 100% Teaching Revenue
- Annual Bonus Structure
- PGA Dues Paid
- Education Allowance
- Strong Work/Life Balance
- Flexible Schedule
- Meal Program
- Playing Privileges
- Equipment Package
- Clothing Discounts
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
- Full Time Year-Round
- Contact Information
Qualified applicants are required to submit their resume and cover letter to: Head Golf Professional, Derrik Goodwin - firstname.lastname@example.org
Glendale Golf & Country Club is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation.