General Manager: Carstairs Community Golf Club - Carstairs, AB
At the Carstairs Community Golf Club, we pride ourselves on the high quality of our golf course, our superb amenities and outstanding customer service that we offer our valued members and guests. We have worked hard over the years to become a staple of the community, and in the process, we have earned recognition as one of the region's premier golf experiences.
- Carstairs Community Golf Club - Carstairs, AB
- Job Summary
The General Manager, reporting to the CAO of the Town of Carstairs is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of all assets (golf, grounds, restaurant and events) and for adhering to the policies and bylaws set out by Council.
Specifically, the General Manager has skilled knowledge in the food, beverage and marketing fields, along with leadership skills.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Supervises the Club House staff, including recruitment, termination, scheduling tours of duty, hours of work and sees that staff is properly trained in the performance of duties. Salaries, wages, and other policies shall be as prescribed within the approved budget.
• Work with the head professional on the memberships and tournaments (internal and external) to keep and grow within the club.
• Maintain vigilant surveillance overall cost elements involved in Club operations. Takes every reasonable action to control costs so as to ensure efficient and economic operations.
• Purchases or directs and controls purchases of all supplies, services, food, beverages and equipment, required for the operation of the Club.
• Maintains accurate and current records of inventories of all operating supplies, equipment, food and beverage.
• Work in conjunction with the Course Superintendent to ensure the course is well maintained and expenditures are within the approved budget. The GM will also oversee the Club’s Long-Range Improvement Plan.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Required to work Flexible hours
• Class A Professional (Preferred)
• Working Knowledge of Food & Beverage
• 3+ years or Manager experience. Golf Course experience considered an asset.
• Good communicator (written & verbal)
• Knowledge of Municipal Government Act considered an asset Certifications & Qualifications:
• Post-secondary Degree in Commerce, Hospitality or related field.
• Relative work experience in lieu of education
• Serving it Right, First Aid, WHMIS, Food Safe would be an asset.
• Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- $6,000 - 7,000
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
- Permanent Full-Time
- Contact Information
Qualified applicants are invited to apply in confidence no later than 12:00 p.m. on November 30, 2022,
Please state: competition #2022-13
To: Rick Blair firstname.lastname@example.org
CAO Town of Carstairs Box 370, 844 Centre Street Carstairs, AB T0M 0N0
The Town of Carstairs thanks all applicants for their interest, but advises only those under consideration will be contacted. All Town employees are subject to criminal records check prior to commencing employment