General Manager: Don Valley Golf Course
We are currently seeking a dedicated Full-Time General Manager to operate Don Valley Golf Course, in the Greater Toronto Area. This course offers a traditional variety of holes (18 holes) and has a legendary reputation for its exciting natural setting. We are looking for candidates who are eager to learn, committed to outstanding guest experiences and have experience in both golf management and leadership.
- Don Valley Golf Course - Toronto, ON
- Job Summary
As the General Manager, your responsibilities will include all aspects of the course's non-agronomic operations as well as the property's policies and procedures. Prior supervisory experience is a prerequisite for this role. Our ideal candidates should have flexible schedules with the ability to work weekends and holidays as required.
The position offers competitive compensation, commensurate with experience. Join us in shaping the future of accessible public golf in Toronto.
Apply today for more information on this exciting career opportunity!
- Deliver reliably exceptional guest service
- Recruit, develop, and oversee all golf and operations staff
- Promote and manage all golf-related activities
- Actively contribute to the growth of tournament rounds and revenue through sales and retention efforts
- Oversee the execution of golf outings and leagues
- Supervise regular inventory checks for merchandise and merchandise display
- Assist in formulating and executing the property's marketing strategy in partnership with senior leadership.
- Monitor daily operations and analyze sales reports, as well as weekly and monthly forecasts for the golf shop and food and beverage outlet.
- Comply with all laws regarding health, safety, and employment
- Analyze financial statements relative to budgeted goals and implement corrective actions as needed
- Schedule, supervise, and direct the work of all property employees with department heads
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Golf operations experience is a required
- Membership in the PGA of Canada in good standing is highly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Understanding of course administration and operational practices and procedures
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in project coordination and delegation of responsibilities
- Problem-solving capabilities for complex issues
- General knowledge of social media channels
- Physical activities include extended periods (6-8 hours) of standing, walking, bending, and scooping
- Occasional lifting of up to 30lbs may be required
- Extended working hours during the golf and holiday season
- Weekend and holiday availability is essential
Significant Performance Incentives based on Financial Performance
- To be discussed
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
12 month, Full Time Position
Start Date: January 1, 2024 or Sooner
- Contact Information
Apply in confidence, submit all resumes and cover letters to HR Director via email at: info@GolfThe6ix.com
Resumes Accepted Until December 22, 2023. Position may be filled prior to resume deadline if outstanding candidate is selected