Director of Golf & Operations: Dalewood Golf Club - Cobourg, ON
Dalewood Golf Club is a semi-private year-round facility offering the amenities of a prestigious urban club, located in Northumberland County with a membership of 400+. Dalewood was designed by renowned golf course architect Robbie Robinson, opened in 1974, and will be celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2024. Dalewood features a par 71 Championship Course with tee selections that offer a wide variety of playing yardages. The golf course offers great conditions, and the natural hazards make it a very challenging game of golf.
Dalewood also boasts the most scenic banquet facility in the area. The Great Hall can accommodate up to 175 people, and it is surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows which provide splendid views of the golf course and countryside. The facility also offers a full-service restaurant, bar, and barbeque patio area available to the public, members, and guests alike.
- Dalewood Golf Club - Cobourg, ON
- Job Summary
Dalewood Golf Club is seeking an experienced Director of Golf.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day golf & clubhouse operations. They will ensure that our business is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching our people. The responsibilities with this position are wide-ranging.
- Deliver a best-in-class golf operation for members, guests, and staff
- Prepare an annual department budget in line with plans and expectations for operations
- Direct and organize all golf activities including member, corporate and charity tournaments
- Develop, grow, and foster a positive employee work culture
- Organize your team and delegate necessary roles and responsibilities
• PGA of Canada member in good standing
• 5+ years’ experience as golf course Manager
• Personable and energetic, with a strong customer service, oral & written communication skills
• Experience with Chronogolf/Lightspeed POS
• Working Knowledge of Food & Beverage department operations
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- • Compensation commensurate with experience
• PGA of Canada dues reimbursed (payable at end of the season)
• Staff playing package
• Benefits package available
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Management & Leadership
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Social Media Page(s)
- Employment Duration
- • Full-Time, Year-Round employment starting in December
- Contact Information
Applicants please send emails directly to:
Ryan Huffman at: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit resumes along with a detailed cover letter which addresses their qualifications and alignment with the prescribed position by November 30, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. More information about the Club can be found at https://www.dalewood.ca/. All applications will be handled with complete confidentiality.