Director of Golf: Glencairn Golf Club - Milton, ON
Glencairn Golf Club
From the moment you pass the stone gates and wind your way between rock fences to the majestic multi-turreted clubhouse, you will feel like you just arrived at a Scottish links.
Designed by Thomas McBroom, Glencairn's 27 links-style holes are punctuated by steep pot bunkers and framed by fescue that waves menacingly in the ever-present wind that buffets the Halton Hills just west of Toronto. Burns (narrow meandering streams) cut through the heaving landscape of the Niagara Escarpment. You'll have to be creative on the tight lies that surround the mammoth undulating greens.
Afterwards, luxuriate in the castle-like clubhouse modeled after Scotland's Muirfield, featuring brilliant photographs from three decades of Open Championship golf taken by award-winning photographer Doug Ball.
- Glencairn Golf Club - Milton, ON
- Job Summary
DIRECTOR OF GOLF
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to excel and grow professionally within ClubLink. Alongside an energetic, dynamic and highly motivated team, the Director of Golf will manage all aspects of golf operations to ensure that the facility meets the service standards of ClubLink, while striving to provide an above average member experience.
Leadership / Management Duties
- Recruitment, hiring, training, and supervision of all staff including assistant and teaching professionals, outside assistants, mechanics, and play coordinators.
- Oversee the management and performance of all golf/pro shop and applicable department operations and services.
- Maintain close working relationship with the Superintendent and other department heads to ensure member satisfaction across all areas of the golf club.
- Oversee the rental and maintenance of golf cars.
- Oversee the reservation system, starting, and monitoring of play.
- Track and verify all players and guests.
- Oversee the administration of the handicap program.
- Enforce all rules and regulations governing golf course usage.
- Oversee the operations of a well-managed practice facility.
Sales & Financial Management
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, including forecasting and review of all golf revenues and expenses on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Maintain and oversee a profitable merchandise concession that is consistent with patron demographics and needs.
- Implement cash and systems controls to ensure the safekeeping of assets, inventory, and resources.
- Oversee and approve all weekly golf staff time sheets /payroll, purchase orders, and invoices.
- Supervise physical inventories and the display of merchandise. Assist in the development of necessary systems to safeguard inventories.
- Champion all Member and guest relations initiatives and act as the main point of contact at the club relative to Member or guest issues and concerns.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with individual Members and Member groups, while proactively seeking ways to improve member and guest satisfaction.
- Ensure the successful coordination and execution of all member events and tournaments.
- Assist in the publication of newsletters, informational and promotional materials.
- Assist in the marketing and promotion of new memberships / play.
- Class "A" Professional
- Experience with TEI System and Golf Genius Software considered an asset.
- A keen desire to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems effectively.
- Be extremely organized, with experience in managing events, leagues, and retail.
- Have an engaging personality with good work habits.
- Ability to learn and develop skill sets.
- Proficient in Word and Excel software.
- To be discussed
- To be discussed
- Course Website
- <a href="https://glencairn.clublink.ca/">https://glencairn.clublink.ca/</a>
- Employment Duration
- Contact Information
Contact Information – Applicants may click here to apply or submit their resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org