Associate/Assistant Golf Professional: Okanagan Golf Club - Kelowna, BC
Renowned for its natural beauty, abundant sunshine, crystal-clear lakes and extended golf season, Kelowna is truly a golfers' paradise! Situated on the eastern shore of the Okanagan Lake mid-way between Penticton in the south and Vernon in the North, Kelowna is the largest city in the Okanagan Valley. With championship golf, fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant cultural like - yet orchards and vineyards within 10 minutes of the downtown core, Kelowna is the perfect setting for any golfer.
- Okanagan Golf Club - Kelowna, BC
- Job Summary
- The Okanagan Golf Club is seeking an Associate or Assistant Golf Professional for the 2023 season. The successful candidates will be in a leadership role within the Golf Shop and will execute the levels of service expected at a premium golf club. This position provides excellent opportunity for growth and year-round employment. The role’s main priorities are to help ensure proficient Golf Shop and Tee Sheet operations and to prioritize an exceptional guest service experience, while maintaining a keen attention to budget and the bottom line.
1. Golf Shop
- Work Closely with the Director of Golf in the management of the daily operations of the golf club.
- Ordering, receiving, pricing, displaying, and selling merchandise; maintaining inventory controls to help maximize revenue potential.
- Maintaining and administering the tee sheets for maximum play and yield.
- Supervise, schedule and train Guest Service and Volunteer Team Members.
- Attending to guest requests and complaints as required.
- Effectively communicating with outside services to ensure guest satisfaction and efficient timing.
- Accurately ordering custom requests from guests and members. Working effectively with other team members in all departments.
- Assisting with large groups and tournaments to ensure that guests’ expectations are exceeded.
2. Teaching and Playing
- Teaching lessons to guests and members as required.
- Administering Junior Programs and lessons.
- Playing with media/writers/members as required.
- Custom fitting golf clubs through various fitting systems for members and guests.
3. Guest Experience
- Ensure that Team Members are trained to exceed guest expectations.
- Develop a team that is knowledgeable and able to answer questions about the property and company.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Solid understanding of the golf and country club environment
- Background experience in the golf industry
- Education related to the industry
- Member in good standing within the PGA OF CANADA
- Teaching and Coaching Certification from the PGA OF CANADA
- Strong comprehension of English Language (oral and written) Abilities
- High level of organizational and communication skills
- Problem solving, quick evaluation and decision-making abilities
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- May require heavy lifting
- Will be required to work on a shift basis including weekends, evenings, and holidays when necessary
BASED ON GOLFBC’S CORE VALUES, THE PROFESSIONAL WILL ENCOMPASS:
- Passion: Demonstrates excitement for golf, and our culture.
- Authenticity: Be impeccable with your word. Convey open, honest and respectful communication.
- Integrity: Reflect on situations with humble self-evaluation.
- Innovation: Get out front of the trends. Re-think the status-quo and be a person of action.
- Excellence: Focus on the right things and do things right.
- Teamwork: Lead by example and be a source of encouragement to other Team Members. Be self-aware and emotionally intelligent to convey and embody Core Standards, FIRST:
- Friendly and Helpful
- Initiative and Action
- Respect and Dignity
- Sales and Service
- Team and Facility Appearance
- $3500-$4000 monthly, based on experience.
- Clothing allowance and equipment package.
- PGA OF CANADA dues, paid upon returning the following season.
- Golf Shop and Meal Discount
- Attractive Lesson Commission.
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
- Contact Information
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Director of Golf: Lee Ranger, email@example.com