Associate/Assistant Golf Professional - Deer Park Golf Course
Deer Park Golf Course is managed in conjunction with ABS Golf Management Ltd. is recruiting for an Associate/Assistant Golf Professional.
The Deer Park Golf Course has been operating since 1921, the course is located on the west side of Yorkton on Highway No. 52, and is one of Saskatchewan’s top ranked 18-hole championship golf courses. The 6,437-yard layout of rolling, tree lined fairways is a beautiful setting any golfer will enjoy with multiple tee areas that complement the challenging terrain.
You’ll have the opportunity to work in our newly constructed clubhouse which opened in July of 2023. Designed for everyday use this clubhouse will offer a variety of amenities for the avid golfer or the more social spectator. With a large indoor space to relax or hit the open deck to take in more of the rolling terrain that the Deer Park Golf Course has to offer.
- Deer Park Golf Course - Yorkton, SK
- Job Summary
Hours of Work:
You will be scheduled for five days per week, consisting of working a regular shift in the pro shop four days a week, and one admin day to teach, play golf with members and complete league duties and scheduling.
- Teaching lessons/clinics throughout the season.
- Operate weekly Men’s, Ladies’ and Senior leagues and foster positive member relations.
- Meets and greets all guests in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Responsible for booking tee times for guests, by phone and review all online bookings.
- Assist guest with purchasing pro shop items and ability to explain golf products and services and other information about Deer Park Golf Course.
- A key decision maker in pro shop merchandise and equipment and play a pivotal role in curating an exceptional shopping experience.
- Maintaining the cart fleet and ensuring the location of carts at all times.
- Perform light cleaning duties throughout and ensure the pro shop and cart fleet are clean and organized at all times.
- Register all sales transactions with accuracy as well as balancing daily cash out receipts in accordance to cash handling procedures.
- Keep the Director of Golf Course Operations informed of any incidents or concerns as related to staff and services provided.
- Work closely with tournament preparation, execution and organization.
- Ensure compliance to Policies and Standard Operating Procedures throughout the course.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be a PGA of Canada Member
- Experienced and enthusiastic instructor to golfers of all abilities
- Superior guest service skills
- Fully capable in operational environment
- Candidate must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and excel in public relations and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Supervisory and league experience required.
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Excel, Word as well as point of sale and booking software.
- Possess and maintain an RCMP Vulnerable sector security clearance and a valid Driver’s license is required.
- Starting salary: $3,000.00-$3,750.00 per month, plus 100% of lesson revenue.
- Golf course benefits including: free equipment package and clothing.
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Social Media Page(s)
- Employment Duration
- April 1st – October 31st inclusive.
- Contact Information
Interested applicants may forward a cover letter and resume no later than Thursday, November 30, 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further inquiries on the position, please contact Allan Sauser, Director of Golf Course Operations at email@example.com