Seasonal Assistant Professional(s), Legends on the Niagara
Legends on the Niagara is a 45-hole upscale public facility and one of Canada premier golfing destinations. Featuring Two championship courses, Battlefield & Ussher’s Creek, designed by Canada’s leading contemporary architects Douglas Carrick and Thomas McBroom. The facility is further complimented with the TaylorMade Niagara Performance Center offering high performance club fitting, instructional programming, a 9-hole short course and a unique 45-acre practice facility with bent grass tees, target greens with short game areas. A sprawling full clubhouse with meeting and banquet facilities capable of accommodating 500 guests.
Legends on the Niagara has hosted many professional and competitive amateur events including the 2004 Women’s Canadian Open and the 2014 Canadian Junior Boys events. Legends recently played host to the Canada Summer Games Golf Competitions on the Battlefield golf course in August 2022.
- Legends on the Niagara, Niagara Falls, ON
- Job Summary
- Under the general supervision of the Head Golf Professional, the Seasonal Assistant Professional(s) are responsible for assisting with the day-to-day golf shop operations while contributing to a positive and memorable guest experience. Following and within established policies, procedures and guidelines is required to provide group leadership, sales services, administrative assistance, and golf related professional expertise.
• Performs cashier duties including receiving payments for green fees, club rentals, and for various golf merchandise.
• Opens/closes the pro shop, prepares register float, change orders, closing statements and reports.
• Executes tee time reservations, issues rain checks and gift certificate sales.
• Assist with product receiving, inputting, pricing, stocking, and merchandising.
• Assist in the execution of Corporate / Charity Golf Events
• Responsible for merchandise displays, cleanliness, and overall pro shop appearance.
• Communicate with starter and on-course rangers to ensure smooth operations.
• Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, First Aid, and established policies and procedures.
• Provide guests with information about the golf course and other NPC attractions.
• Provide guests with expert information and insight relative to the game of golf, equipment, and merchandise as required.
• Display a friendly, positive attitude consistent with the image of the NPC.
• Inform golfers of threatening weather
• PGA of Canada member or candidate.
• Must have strong leadership skills.
• Friendly and outgoing personality.
• Committed to working in a team environment.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong multi-tasking skills.
- 1-year minimum experience in a public or private course setting working in golf shop operations.
- Familiar with golf specific retail point of sales, cash handling and daily reconciliations.
- Familiarity with the G1 point of sales system would be considered an asset.
- • Hourly rate of pay $22.31- $26.68 will commensurate with experience.
• Flexible work schedule – 40-hour work week with 2 full days off.
• Full complementary facility access.
• Niagara Parks Commission employee discounts.
• Eligible for health, benefits, and pension program.
• Advancement and career path learning opportunities.
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
- Estimated employment period April 14 to November 7
- Contact Information
VISIT NIAGARAPARKS.COM/CAREERS TO CREATE A PROFILE AND SUBMIT YOUR RESUME.
Niagara Parks is one of the largest employers in the Niagara Region, with over 1,700 full time and seasonal employees. Our team is comprised of energetic and friendly staff who provide guests from around the world with exceptional quality service. Niagara Parks is committed to attracting and retaining a highly professional, motivated, engaged and inclusive workforce within a culture of teamwork, mutual respect and trust. This is achieved by aligning the right people with the right skills in the right places to promote continuous improvement and excellence.
Our corporate vision is to be an innovative example of sustainability as the environmental and cultural stewards of the Niagara River Corridor; a welcoming, accessible and inspiring place offering world class natural, historical and authentic experiences; a source of national pride and identity; and one of the most spectacular parks in the world.
The personal information in your candidate profile is collected under the authority of the Niagara Parks Act, R.S.O. 1990, C.N.3, s.4(l) and in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It will be used to assess your qualifications for the job postings to which you apply. If successful, your information will also be used for the creation of your employee profile under the authority of the Employment Standards Act, 2000, c.41, s.15(1). We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), Niagara Parks will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require additional information regarding the collection and use of the personal information in your candidate profile, or would like to request an alternate format, please contact Niagara Parks at 905.295.4377 ext. 3601 or by e- mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.