Pro Shop Supervisor - Cabot Cape Breton
Located on over a mile of sandy beach along the coast of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia — and nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the picturesque town of Inverness. Cabot Cape Breton features 46 holes of exhilarating golf and one of the best resort experiences in Canada. With two acclaimed World Top 100 courses, a 10-hole short course, 72 rooms of award-winning accommodation at Cabot Links Lodge, 19 upscale Golf Villas, 30 luxury homes, and exquisite dining in three on-site restaurants, Cabot Cape Breton is intended to excite and inspire at every turn.
We are seeking out purpose driven and passionate people who embrace Cabot’s values. Our #cabotcrew brings their unique spirit and individual character and shows up with all their heart to create a warm welcome to a magical place where remarkable memories are made.
- Cabot Cape Breton
- Job Summary
As Pro Shop Supervisor, you will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Pro Shop, ensuring that our guests enjoy their experience. You lead our team of retail associates in creating that authentic personal connection with our guests as soon as they walk through the door that lets them know how special they are.
You work exceptionally well under pressure and enjoy a fast-paced, multi-faceted operation. With a focus on ensuring the behind-the scenes aspects of the business are taken care of, while role-modelling your pride in service excellence to the team infusing enthusiasm in everything you do.
You will thrive in this role if you enjoy:
• Customer Interaction: Take pleasure in interacting with golfers and customers, offering exceptional customer service with a friendly and welcoming demeanour. Enjoy assisting them with their golf-related needs and inquiries.
• Golf Culture: Embrace the world of golf, including its traditions, rules, and etiquette. Enjoy discussing golf-related topics and being part of the golf community.
• Supervision and Leadership: Provide leadership and direction to a team of associates; set expectations, delegate tasks, and ensure the team's adherence to company policies and procedures; motivate and coach team members to achieve their performance targets.
• Inventory Management: Monitor and maintain proper inventory levels to meet customer demands; Coordinate receiving, stocking, and merchandising of products; Perform regular inventory audits and report any discrepancies.
• Operational Efficiency: Ensure the store's operational tasks are carried out efficiently; oversee cash handling, opening and closing procedures, and security protocols; maintain a clean and organized store environment.
• High school diploma (some college education preferred)
• Previous retail experience, including at least 1-2 years in a supervisory or leadership role.
• Positive attitude and excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle multiple duties under pressure.
• Ability to work flexible hours - weekends and evenings as required.
• Highly responsible & reliable
• PGA of Canada member considered an asset
- • Base salary: $1700 - $2000 paid bi-weekly, commensurate with experience
• Playing privileges on Canada’s #1 and #5 ranked courses
• Access to learning & training opportunities to build your career
• Friends and Family Rates for Golf and Lodging
• Discounts in our Retail Shops & Restaurants
• Access to our Employee Assistance Program
• Subsidized Team Housing, based on availability
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Management & Leadership
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Social Media Page(s)
- Employment Duration
- Seasonal, May - December
- Contact Information
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to Retail Manager, Lindsay Loevenmark at: email@example.com
Alternatly, Click HERE to apply.