Associate Professional / Assistant Professional: Brockville Country Club, Brockville, ON
The Brockville Country Club is one of the best layouts you will find in Eastern Ontario. The 18-hole course at 6343 to 4506 yards is not especially long by today’s standards but deceptively challenging. With considerable elevation changes, many narrow and treed fairways, challenging par 3’s, and ample sand traps and water hazards, the course can play tough. However, seven (7) sets of tee blocks ensure the course can be enjoyed by all levels of golfers. The course is very well maintained. The greens are smooth, true, and often slick. The course is very picturesque with wonderful vistas and has many beautiful flower beds at various focal points throughout.
We are proud of our Club’s comfortable and friendly atmosphere, fine golf course, and curling facility, and extend a warm welcome to prospective members and guests to the club from the local community and well beyond. Our club is a home away from home for many of our members and it has been the premier social and recreational facility serving Brockville since 1914.
- Brockville Country Club, Brockville, ON
- Job Summary
The Associate/Assistant professional will assist our head golf professional in managing our golf operations.
This position calls for a dynamic and highly self-motivated individual who can work under minimal supervision. This is an ideal opportunity for an Associate/Assistant Professional who desires to develop into a future leader within the golf industry.
• Delivering superior golf customer service and support that maximizes Member and Guest satisfaction.
• Assists with the implementation of the policies and procedures of the facility as set by the Board of Directors, General Manager, and management team.
• Assists in the management of retail sales and day-to-day operations of the retail operations.
• Assists in managing the daily golf operations, including tee sheet and P.O.S management, any on-course golf activities, the team of starters, and outside operations staff.
• Ensure each member and guest(s) golfing experience is enjoyed to our set expectations.
• Works in conjunction with the head golf professional, and outside operations manager in executing tournament operations.
• Instructor at the BCC Teaching Academy conducting private, semi-private, groups, clinics, and junior camps.
• PGA of Canada Member in good standing.
• Possess or working towards a post-secondary degree or college diploma with a specialty in Professional Golf Management (PGM) or Business/Hospitality.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, lead, and manage staff, preference will be given to formal training in management and supervision.
• Well-developed computer and electronic communication skills with a working knowledge of golf utilized software programs.
• Ability to multitask, problem solve and work efficiently under pressure and deadline.
• Ability to work closely within a team environment.
• Proven leadership skills and ability to build and manage a team of staff.
• Existing knowledge of CHRONOGOLF, LIGHTSPEED, TRACKMAN & GOLF GENIUS is considered an asset
• Experience in business administration, accounting, and human resource management is considered an asset
• A background in competitive playing, teaching experience/certifications, fitting, and repairs is also considered an asset.
- • Bi-weekly compensation, commensurate with experience
• $1000 towards equipment package includes clubs, balls, hats and gloves / 2nd year
• Staff clothing package $500 per year
• Club will pay the entry fee into sanctioned events to a maximum amount.
• Period of employment is approximately April to Mid November.
• Excellent opportunity for additional pay from private lessons, groups, clinics.
• PGA of Canada dues reimbursed upon a satisfactory performance review and completion of the current season.
- Course Website
- <a href="http://www.brockvillecountryclub.com">www.brockvillecountryclub.com</a>
- Employment Duration
- Contact Information
Apply in confidence. Qualified applicants are required to submit their resume to:
Adam Miller at : email@example.com