Assistant/Associate Professional: Nanton Golf Club
The Nanton Golf Club is an 18 hole semi-private golf facility located just 45 minutes south of Calgary. The club is very busy, financially solid, has over 300 members and is host to a wide variety of corporate and club tournaments each year.
The Management Team along with the Board of Directors is strongly committed to making the Nanton Golf Club a place where the members and employees are treated with the utmost respect at all times.
- Nanton Golf Club- Nanton, BC
- Job Summary
The Nanton Golf club is seeking the services of an Assistant or Associate Professional for the 2024 season and beyond. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, personable, energetic, and looking to gain valuable experience in all aspects of the golf industry to grow and advance their career.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to gain hands-on experience from a very experienced management team in a variety of areas and grow your skill set to help advance your career.
● Take a leadership role in the golf shop, serving members and guests
● Assist with inventory control, merchandising and sales
● Assist with leagues and tournaments
● Take a leadership role in growing a successful junior program
● Assist the Head Professional in training and supervising outside services staff
● Provide golf lessons and clinics to members and guests
● Engage with members by playing golf
● Previous experience working in a Pro Shop
● Outgoing personality with excellent communication skills
● Excellent time management and organizational skills
● Ability to train and supervise employees
● Desire to build relationships with members and guests
● Self-motivated and possess the ability to problem solve and think on your feet
● Professional image and attitude
● Knowledge of club fitting & repair
● Salary range: $4,000 – $4,500 based on experience
● 100% of lesson revenue
Potential Benefits Include:
staff meal program, tournament allowance, education allowance, clothing allowance, PGA of Canada dues, and equipment package.
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Social Media Page(s)
- Employment Duration
- March 15 through Oct 31 (7.5 Months)
- Contact Information
Interested applicants can forward a cover letter and resume to:
Mel Dies, Head Professional, Nanton Golf Club
Phone: 403.646.2050 Off Season Cell: 250-430-7263