Assistant/Associate Professional: Murray Golf Course - Regina, SK
Western Golf Management Inc. is seeking the services of an Assistant/Associate Golf Professional for the 2023 golf season at its Murray Golf Course location.
Like its sister course in King's Park (Tor Hill), this course was designed by Stanley Thompson in 1928. Opened in 1950, it was rebuilt with irrigation and grass greens in 1960, by then director of Parks and Recreation, Bill Murray.
Thompson's design makes the most of the park's level to rolling landscape and many beautiful trees. True to Thompson's philosophy, the bunkers on the course have been placed to enhance play, rather than slow it down and frustrate golfers. The 5th measures 563 yards from the championship tees. Its fairway is narrow with an out of bounds on the right. Two large bunkers guard the approaches to the narrow green, snaring many unfortunate golfers.
- Murray Golf Course - Regina, SK
- Job Summary
- Reporting to the Head Professional, the Assistant/Associate Professional will oversee the day to day operations at the facility.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide a professional and enjoyable environment for all staff members and customers.
- Organize, support, and assist in all club events and golf related leagues.
- Maintain a clean and organized golf shop and office areas that adhere with up to date health regulations.
- Manage tee sheets and ensure staff are managing effectively.
- Facilitate private and group lessons including junior camps and adult learn to golf programs.
- Financial management of the golf operations budget.
- Complete daily bank deposits and reconciliation.
- Staff scheduling and payroll administration.
- PGA of Canada Member in good standing.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Point of sale, computer, and cash handling skills.
- Experience with Tee-On POS and tee time reservation systems considered an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Commensurate with experience.
- Discount on restaurant meals and pro shop merchandise.
- 100% lesson revenue.
- Clinic and camp instructional opportunities.
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Social Media Page(s)
- Employment Duration
- Seasonal - April to October
- Contact Information
Please apply in confidence to: