Assistant Professional: Storey Creek Golf Club - Campbell River, BC
Storey Creek is a Course in Nature. Carved from second growth forest in the late 1980’s, course architect, Les Furber designed a course that has become a firm favourite of golfers far and wide.
Storey Creek is situated just a few minutes south of Campbell River, a central hub for tourists that enjoy ocean fishing, whale watching and adventure seeking in Strathcona Regional Park or through the Thousand Broken Islands. The club is just 15 minutes from the base of Mt. Washington, the local alpine ski resort, and 25 minutes from Courtenay, an urban centre of around 70,000 population.
Storey Creek is a Semi-Private Golf Course with a vibrant Membership and strong Guest play. While the course remains open year-round, the majority of rounds are played between March and October. The last two years have seen a total of 100,000 rounds played.
- Storey Creek Golf Club - Campbell River, BC
- Job Summary
- Storey Creek Golf Club is seeking an Assistant Golf Professional to join our Staff for the 2023 season. The successful candidate will divide their time between Pro Shop duties and Instruction ensuring the highest level of Customer Service is provided to our Members and Guests, both in every day play and during the many events we hold each summer. Pro Shop hours are negotiable and can fluctuate throughout the season. Limited hours will remain available through the winter months.
1. Golf Operations
• Assist the Head Professional in the management of all Golf Operations.
• Assist the Head Professional in the creation, budgeting, registration and smooth running of all Club Events. This includes Member Leagues, Charity Fundraisers and Open Tournaments.
• Assist the Head Professional in the retail plan. Purchasing, receiving, merchandising and sales. Our retail business has grown threefold over the past five seasons and we wish to maintain the momentum.
• Assist the Head Professional in Training, Supervising and Scheduling Front of House Staff, Back Shop Staff and Player Assistants.
2. Club Fitting and Instruction
In late 2023 we expect to see a Training Centre built. The building will incorporate two bays, each equipped with Flightscope X3 Launch monitors. Currently we successfully fit and sell Cobra, Mizuno, Ping and TaylorMade. Our PGA of Canada Instructors will be able to run successful winter programs to their clientele through the Training Centre.
• Custom fitting golf equipment to our customers.
• Create and implement innovative instruction programs for our Membership and Guests.
• Share in the running and organization of our Junior Program, alongside Arthur Brown, our current PGA of Canada Instructor.
• Play with the Members.
• Brings a positive energy to the workplace
• Customer Service Orientated
• A Self Starter
• Ability to work in a team environment
• High level of organizational and communication skills
• Problem solving, quick evaluation and decision-making abilities
• Want to say YES, more often than NO
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work early, late and weekends
• Member in good standing within the PGA of Canada
• Teaching and Coaching Certification from the PGA of Canada
• $20.00-$22.50 /hr based on experience
• Up to 100% of Lesson Revenue (based on negotiable Pro Shop hours).
• Use of an annual Equipment Package.
• PGA of Canada Dues, paid upon returning the following season.
• Pro Shop Discount
• Restaurant Discount
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
- Year-Round, with fewer shifts available in the winter
- Contact Information
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Head Professional: Steven MacPherson