Assistant Professional - Barrie Country Club
Barrie Country Club is a fully private club, owned by its members, not an individual or corporation. Our family-oriented, member-centric approach allows us to truly differentiate and create a complete country club golf and social experience for members and guests in a friendly, comfortable, and welcoming environment.
The traditional style golf course, with its rolling fairways and beautifully manicured greens, provides a first-class golfing experience for golfers of all levels and offers an excellent challenge to low handicappers and recreational players alike. We have been welcoming golfing enthusiasts and families for over 100 years.
Our well-appointed, full-service clubhouse, from which our guests enjoy sweeping views of the course and open countryside beyond, was newly built in 2007. We offer exceptional dining and banquet amenities, and modern conference and corporate facilities, making the club a venue of choice for popular social events. Located on the northeast side of Barrie, just 5 minutes off of Highway 400, we’re easily accessed from all directions and surrounding areas.
Barrie Country Club - a place to share good times with friends and family, meet new people, and simply relax and unwind.
- Barrie Country Club - Barrie, ON
- Job Summary
- The Barrie Country Club is looking for an Assistant Professional for the 2024 golf season. The ideal Professional is someone that is willing to take on any and all task to ensure a world class golf experience for the members and their guests.
- Lead in the execution of all club events, member leagues and corporate events.
- Retail sales and merchandising, inventory management, product knowledge, record keeping, and administrative duties.
- Assist in hiring key personnel, as well as implementing and enforcing standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of the Jonas POS and tee management program will be a definite asset.
- Knowledge of Golf Genius considered an asset
- Assist our Junior Golf Program
- Club fitting and repairs.
- Teaching, private lessons, and clinics.
- Providing first class service to members and guests
- Playing a reasonable amount of golf with members of all abilities
- PGA of Canada member in good standing
- Working towards PGM Diploma or Graduate or the program
- Proven excellence in member services, sales, and organizational skills
- Positive, professional attitude and a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Club fitting and equipment knowledge
- Knowledge of JONAS Point of sales system and Golf Genuis will be considered an asset
- Weekly salary from $750 - based on experience
- 90% of Lesson Revenue from Members lessons
- Year-end Gratuity plus incentive program
- Equipment package
- Clothing package
- Staff meal program while on shift
- PGA of Canada dues coverage by the club
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
Start Date – April 8th End Date – November 9th
(Possibility of year-round employment with indoor golf lounge including 2 Trackman Simulators)
- Contact Information
- Application Process Please submit your cover letter and resume to Jacob Altenburg (Head Golf Professional) at email@example.com.