Assistant Golf Professional: Timber Ridge - Brighton, ON
Timber Ridge is a fully public 18 hole facility located in the quiet community of Brighton, Ontario, about 90 minutes east of Toronto, just off the 401.
Constructed in 2001 by Steven L. Ward, Timber Ridge features a fantastic layout with some of the most extremely undulating greens that you will find in Ontario, and is commonly considered one of the top public access golf courses in Eastern Ontario.
- Timber Ridge Golf Club
- Job Summary
- Reporting to the Head Golf Professional, the candidate will be heavily involved in all aspects of the golf operation.
- Attending buying meetings and selecting inventory with the Head Professional
- Managing golf shop inventory
- Keeping a pulse on the industry, knowing what brands are popular and what is in style
- Heavily involved in visual merchandising (creating displays, rearranging the Golf Shop on a monthly basis, ensuring the shop is clean, tidy and presentable).
- Heavily involved in fitting days, ordering and tracking
- Managing the day-to-day operations along with the Head Professional
- Managing staff (ensuring they are punctual, wearing proper uniform, completing duties as assigned).
- Learning the in and outs of Lightspeed POS and how it can better the business (tee sheets, online offers, improving workflow)
- Heavily involved in "business direction" (setting green fee rates, packages, rounds analysis, capital expenditures, etc)
- Working the Golf Shop (answering phone, checking in customers, helping guests with retail purchases)
- Teaching students at a high standard
- Creating and running junior programs
- Creating other programs that grow the game of golf (introductory programs, ladies clinics, etc)
- Play golf with guests of Timber Ridge
- Participating in events (at Timber Ridge and elsewhere)
- PGA of Canada member
- Business orientated individual
- Love for the game of golf
- $850 / week
- Full equipment package
- Great work/life balance
- Full access to golf course, no restrictions
- PGA of Canada dues paid at completion of first full season
- 90% Lesson Revenue
- Start Date
- Course Website
- <a href="http://timberridgegolf.net">timberridgegolf.net</a>
- Employment Duration
- March 1st 2023 to December 1st 2023
- Contact Information
- Please send your resume and cover letter to Nolan Walsh, Head Golf Professional, at firstname.lastname@example.org