Assistant Golf Professional: Rattlesnake Point - Milton, ON
Ideally located just north of Oakville, RattleSnake Point Golf Club offers premium-quality golf and family activities in abundance.
Featuring 36 championship holes, the nine-hole Rattler Academy Course, a state-of-the art 18-acre practice facility and a spectacular 35,000 square-foot clubhouse, RattleSnake Point Golf Club is the perfect for golf or business or pleasure - or all of the above.
With dramatic flair and strategic intelligence, acclaimed architect Thomas McBroom fashioned each 18-hole course as a distinctive test. A big course with robust character, the CopperHead wanders through valleys and woodlands with the occasional water pond or creek to avoid. The links-style SideWinder follows the rolling terrain of the region with plenty of humps and bumps that challenge your imagination and shot-making.
McBroom challenges you to bomb it at both courses, but the massive greens are well protected by gigantic bunkers. With five sets of tee decks, players of all abilities can have fun, but both courses stretch past 7,000 yards, making it a perfect venue for respected tournaments such as the Canadian PGA Seniors' Championship won by Jim Rutledge in 2010. It is a regular venue for the qualifying round for the PGA Tour's RBC Canadian Open, as well.
Known for its contemporary styling and lavish accoutrements, RattleSnake Point's elegant clubhouse can easily accommodate large banquets and conferences, but its more intimate spaces welcome smaller events and meetings.
The food is of such high quality that the restaurant at RattleSnake Point is very popular and hums with energy. The large covered terrace overlooking the 18th holes of both courses is incredibly popular for dining or relaxing with a beverage. RattleSnake Point also includes a pool and a cabana for family fun and enjoying the sun. (Please be advised the pool is closed for the 2020 season).
- Rattlesnake Point - Milton, ON
- Job Summary
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Reporting directly to the Head Golf Professional, we are looking for an energetic, dedicated, passionate individual to join our professional team as the Assistant Golf Professional. The ideal candidate will have sound knowledge of the game of golf, be skilled in customer service and strive to create an above average experience for members and guests on a day-to-day basis.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the pro-shop and outside golf services.
- Oversee Outside Golf Services Staff daily.
- Assist in the execution of Corporate Events.
- Train & Mentor Golf Services Staff.
- Ensure Club Service Goals are met.
- Providing and Delivering Exceptional Member Services.
- Pro Shop sales and merchandising.
- Willingness to learn and grow as a Golf Professional.
- Assist with teaching programs as required and participate and assist other golf shop. management staff with Member events.
QUALIFICATIONS & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Preferably a PGA of Canada member in good standing.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Positive and outgoing personality.
- Familiar with basic computer programs, including Microsoft Office platforms.
- Committed to working in a team environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Retail sales experience considered an asset.
- Golf Equipment Package.
- Room for advancement.
- Staff Meal Plan.
- Discounted merchandise & staff pricing program.
- Work perk membership.
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
- This is a full-time seasonal position that will run from mid-March though to mid-November.
- Contact Information
ClubLink is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive workplace. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if a workplace accommodation is needed throughout the selection process. Thank you for your interest in ClubLink.
Accepting applications until April 1st, 2023