Assistant Golf Professional: Gage Golf & Curling Club
Find a Pro

Assistant Golf Professional: Gage Golf & Curling Club

The Gage Golf & Curling Club is located in Oromocto New Brunswick. The operation is managed by the Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services in support of 5 CDSG Gagetown.

We are a full service golf and curling club with full amenities and services which seeks to improve the morale and welfare of our Canadian Forces members and their families.

Gage Golf & Curling Club - Oromocto - NB
Job Summary
We are seeking a passionate and skilled Assistant Golf Professional to join our team. The ideal candidate will assist the General Manager/Head Golf Professional in managing the day-to-day operations of the golf facility, providing exceptional customer service, and promoting the game of golf through instruction and events.
  • Has a working role assisting in the operation of the golf shop, including retail Sales, inventory control, and customer relations;
  • Assist, train and direct work with Pro Shop Staff & Back Shop staff;
  • Assist with Coordination and oversee golf events, outings, and club leagues;
  • Operate and coordinate the Junior Program
  • Provide golf instruction, clinics and club repair to players of all skill levels;
  • Assist with course operations, including tee time management and pace of play;
  • Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the Pro shop & golf facility;
  • Uphold safety standards and regulations for the protection of guests and staff; and
  • Foster a positive and welcoming atmosphere for all patrons.
  • PGA of Canada Associate or Apprentice member;
  • Supervisory experience working in a golf facility or related field;
  • Experience in event or project management;
  • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
  • Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays;
  • Proficiency with golf software and technology is an asset; and
  • Bilingualism is an asset.
  • Seasonal employment (approximately 6 months, May– October)
  • Days evenings and weekends as required
  • Contract position for 1 year ($20,000 - $25,000) wages to be discussed based on qualifications and experience
  • Teaching revenue 85%, remaining 15% goes to the golf club
  • Golf privileges and discounts on merchandise and food
As  noted
Course Website
Employment Duration

Seasonal Employment 

Contact Information

If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume before March 29, 2024 to:

Chris Bunting, PGA of Canada

General Manager, Golf & Operations | Directeur général du club de golf et des activités PSP Gagetown

Canadian Forces Morale & Welfare Services

Services de bien-être et moral des Forces Canadiennes

T: 506-357-3002 | C: 506-323-0408