Assistant Golf Professional: Cherry Downs Golf Club: Pickering, ON
On the eastern edge of Greater Toronto, Cherry Downs Golf Club is easily accessible, but delivers the atmosphere of a grand and peaceful old club.
We are open for daily fee play, seven days a week (when available), and offer a full practice facility, clubhouse and restaurant. Locker rooms are available for your convenience.
Designed by Canadian architectural icon Howard Watson, the course opened in 1962 on rolling terrain framed by woodlands. Fifty years later, Cherry Downs is a mature course that fits the eye like a grand master’s painting, but the dense forests and roller-coaster fairways are a stern test of course management.
Designed as a homage to the greens at Augusta National, the devilish putting surfaces are our most defining feature. Slippery slopes, plateaus, run-offs and the protective surrounds will test your putting mettle. Before your round, hit the range which features six target greens.
As the first course in the ClubLink family, Cherry Downs holds a special place in the hearts of many ClubLink Members for its adventure, challenging greens and old-time beauty.
- Cherry Downs Golf Club: Pickering, ON
- Job Summary
Secure your spot for Spring 2023!
Assistant Golf Professional , reporting directly to the Head Golf Professional, the duties would include assisting in the overall management and supervision of staff to facilitate all golf operations.
Including but not limited to:
Daily and Weekly Operations:
•Follow opening & closing procedures.
• Responsible for assisting in the daily maintenance of the Golf Shop. This would include assisting in maintaining all merchandise displays as well as working in the golf shop.
• Assist in the supervision of junior the golf team and may directly supervise the day-to-day operations of the golf services team.
• Assist the Director of Operations or Head Professional with the ordering and reordering of miscellaneous items for tournaments.
• Responsible for assisting with the coordination of all golf events.
• Assist with junior, ladies and men’s teaching programs as required and participate and assist the golf shop management team with Member events.
• Required to assist customers/Members in the golf shop assisting the golf shop team when required.
• Adhere to the Golf Shop Merchandising Program.
• May assist in preparing weekly schedule for the golf service team.
• Follow effective training programs in place.
• Support the golf team wherever necessary
• Preferably a PGA of Canada member in good standing.
• Must have strong leadership skills.
• Friendly and outgoing personality.
• Committed to working in a team environment.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong multi-tasking skills.
- This is a seasonal salary position.
- Course Website
- <a href="https://cherrydowns.clublink.ca/">https://cherrydowns.clublink.ca/</a>
- Social Media Page(s)
- Employment Duration
- This is a full-time seasonal position. Start date is based on the Club's opening date.
- Contact Information
ClubLink is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive workplace.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if a workplace accommodation is needed throughout the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in ClubLink Accepting applications until: April 1, 2023
Accessibility requirements ClubLink strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. This includes providing services in a manner that is accessible to all clients, employees, job applicants, suppliers and visitors. Upon individual request, ClubLink will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.