Assistant Golf Professional: Brightwood Golf & Country Club - Halifax, NS
- Brightwood Golf & Country Club - Halifax, NS
- Job Summary
As a Golf Professional at Brightwood Golf & C.C, you will be the first impression to our members as they arrive at our club, and you will strive to deliver a service that enhances their member experience.
We take pride in the services we provide at Brightwood and as a Golf Professional, you will assist each member or guest with excellent and consistent service as they prepare to enjoy the Brightwood Golf experience.
• Provide exceptional personalized service in our Golf Shop
• Enhance the member experience by assisting in the organization of retail sales, lessons, lesson programs (Junior and Clinics), club fittings, etc.
• Communicate effectively with members, guests, and fellow team members
• Assist in the recruitment, training, and management of Golf Operations staff including, Golf Shop Associates, Starters, Course Marshals
• Assist with all tournaments, which include promoting and planning the execution of the event and post event responsibilities
• Play and promote the game of golf with a various cross sections of the membership categories
• Versed in Tee time and Tournament management through Golf Genius
• Perform other duties commensurate with the role of a Golf Professional that will enhance the effective delivery of the club’s golf & member services.
• PGA of Canada member in good standing
• Be extremely organized and possess exceptional attention to detail
• You genuinely care to make a positive and memorable impact on our member’s experience. Possess great interpersonal skills and are friendly with exceptional customer service skills or are open to learn how to create a great experience for all our guests.
• Computer literate, experience with Northstar Club Management Software (or similar) and Golf Genius considered an asset.
• Fundamental knowledge of the game of golf, rules of golf and golf operations
• Work effectively within a team structure
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Above average playing ability and desire to play the game.
• $800 per week
• 100% of private lesson revenue and percentage of clinic revenue
• Payment of PGA of Canada dues
• Clothing allowance
• Meal discount while on shift
• Health & Dental benefits
• Pension Program
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
- March 1 – November 12, 2023
- Contact Information
Interested applicants may send their cover letter and detailed resume to:
Jim Ogilvie, PGA Head Professional Brightwood Golf & Country Club,
Deadline for applications December 10, 2022