Assistant Golf Professional: Glencairn Golf Club
Glencairn Golf Club
From the moment you pass the stone gates and wind your way between rock fences to the majestic multi-turreted clubhouse, you will feel like you just arrived at a Scottish links.
Designed by Thomas McBroom, Glencairn's 27 links-style holes are punctuated by steep pot bunkers and framed by fescue that waves menacingly in the ever-present wind that buffets the Halton Hills just west of Toronto. Burns (narrow meandering streams) cut through the heaving landscape of the Niagara Escarpment. You'll have to be creative on the tight lies that surround the mammoth undulating greens.
- Glencairn Golf Club - Milton, ON
- Job Summary
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Reporting to the Director of Golf, we are looking for an energetic, dedicated, passionate individual to join our professional team as the Assistant Golf Professional. The ideal candidate will have sound knowledge of the game of golf, be skilled in customer service and strive to create an exceptional experience for members and guests on a day-to-day basis.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the pro-shop and outside golf services.
- Oversee Outside Golf Services Staff daily.
- Assist in the execution of Corporate Events.
- Train & Mentor Golf Services Staff.
- Ensure Club Service Goals are met.
- Providing and Delivering Exceptional Member Services.
- Pro Shop sales and merchandising.
- Willingness to learn and grow as a Golf Professional.
- Assist with teaching programs as required and participate and assist other golf shop. management staff with Member events.
- PGA of Canada member in good standing.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Positive and outgoing personality.
- Familiar with basic computer programs, including Microsoft Office platforms.
- Committed to working in a team environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Retail sales experience considered an asset.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive Compensation.
- Golf Equipment Package.
- Room for advancement.
- Staff Meal Plan.
- Discounted merchandise & staff pricing program.
- Work perk membership.
- As above
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
- Seasonal, Full-time
- Contact Information
This is a full-time seasonal position that will run from mid-March through to mid-November.
Course Website - https://glencairn.clublink.ca/
Accepting applications until December 1st, 2023