Apprentice/Assistant Golf Professional: The Creston Golf Club - Creston, BC
The Creston Golf Club was founded in 1954 and is located between the Purcell and Selkirk Mountain ranges, highlighted by awesome elevation changes and panoramic views throughout. A short drive south of the town of Creston in the Central Kootenay Region.
Position: Apprentice/Assistant Golf Professional
As an Assistant Golf Professional at Creston Golf club, you will have the opportunity to create lasting memories for our guests and members. Providing warm and engaging service, you will be able to create a golf experience like no other for our membership.
- The Creston Golf Club - Creston, BC
- Job Summary
Creston Golf Club is looking for a motivated golf professional to join our team for the 2023 golf season & beyond.
The successful candidate is committed to providing the highest level of customer service for all members and guests on a consistent basis. Applicants must be service-oriented, possess exceptional communication skills & attention to detail, energy, and self-confidence, and display a genuine caring attitude towards people.
• Assist the Head Golf Professional with running of all weekly league play and major club tournaments.
• Create an exceptional golf experience through enlightened hospitality, and dedicated teamwork with all Club employees, while displaying a genuine caring attitude for Creston Golf Club Members and Guests.
• Co-Ordinate and build the Junior Program
• Work with fellow Golf Operations Team Members to ensure an efficient and friendly customer service level throughout the day-to-day Golf Operations.
• Possess a strong understanding of and promote Club activities and services.
• Assist in managing inventory, receive product and the special-order programming of a strong retail operation.
• Assisting with outside groups and tournaments to ensure that guest's expectations are exceeded.
• Teach Clinics and Lessons to Members and Guests.
• Provide continuous improvement initiatives and training and coaching as needed to all support staff.
• Pursue continuing education opportunities to ensure professional growth.
• Perform additional duties as needed.
• PGA of Canada member in good standing
• Prior experience with Golf Now will be considered an asset
• Experience with the Golf Genius Software will be considered an asset
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Customer-service oriented
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Friendly and professional demeanor
• Strong attention to detail
• Open to feedback and willingness to improve
- $18 - $23 per Hour based on experience
- + teaching revenues
- Individual and Group Lesson Revenue
• PGA of Canada dues upon completion of season
• 50% off Meals while on shift
• Strong work/life balance
• Unrestricted Playing and practicing privileges
• Possibility for equipment package while employed
• Clothing discounts
• Other benefits can be negotiated
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Social Media Page(s)
- Employment Duration
- March 6th – October 31st (Weather depending)
- Contact Information
Please apply in confidence to:
Peter Kenneford, Head Golf Professional,