RBC PGA Scramble Announces 2021 Regional Final Host Locations and Program Updates and Highlights
The PGA of Canada is pleased to announce that some of Canada’s top venues have been secured as host sites for the 2021 RBC PGA Scramble Regional Finals.
The excitement of the RBC PGA Scramble is growing with the addition of these great facilities from coast-to-coast:
Greater Toronto Area - The Nest Golf Club – Innisfil, ON – August 11, 2021
Atlantic - The Links at Brunello – Timberlea, NS – August 15, 2021
Quebec – Le Club de Golf Royal Québec – Quebec City, QC - August 17, 2021
Alberta (North) – Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge – Jasper, AB – August 23, 2021
B.C. (East) – Shuswap National – Salmon Arm, B.C. – August 24, 2021
Ontario (Southwest) – Fire Rock Golf Club – Komoka, ON – August 27, 2021
Saskatchewan – Wascana Country Club – Regina, SK – August 30, 2021
Alberta (South) – Stewart Creek Golf & Country Club – Canmore, AB – Sep 1, 2021
Manitoba – Elmhurst Golf & Country Club – Springfield, MB – Sep 1, 2021
B.C. (West) – Fairmont Chateau Whistler – Whistler, BC – Sep 2, 2021
Ontario (Northeast) Wildfire Golf Club – Douro-Dummer, ON – Sep 7, 2021
“The venues that are going to play host to RBC PGA Scramble Regional Finals in 2021 are very impressive,” said PGA of Canada president Teejay Alderdice. “Players who make it through local qualifying are sure to have a very memorable day at each of these 11 phenomenal facilities.”
As the premier amateur team golf tournament in the country for teams of family, friends and colleagues, the 2021 edition of the RBC PGA Scramble expects to once again see more than 10,000 golfers participate in local and regional qualifying.
In 2020, the RBC PGA Scramble saw a 73% year-over-year increase in female participation, a number the program hopes to further improve this season. There will be a spot in each regional final reserved for an all-female team.
COVID-19 protocols will be in place at each qualifier in accordance with provincial health authority guidelines. There were no reported cases from any of the 140 RBC PGA Scramble qualifiers in 2020.
The program is also pleased to announce the following updates and highlights for 2021:
- Open Local Qualifiers will run as 8-somes where permissible by local health authorities. Select open events will have volunteer scorers, instead.
- A Handicap and Scoring Committee is being formed to examine handicap and scoring inaccuracies.
- Through our partners at Titleist and FootJoy, prizes for the top teams at Local Qualifiers will have more options for male and female competitors.
- Teams that have qualified for Regional Finals three out of the past five years are required to split up by 50% to expand the program and allow more opportunities for all teams to enjoy the experience that the RBC PGA Scramble provides.
- There will continue to be a female wild card team offered in any region where an all-female team does not qualify, ensuring representation in every Regional Final.
- Like in 2020, in any region where less than 18 teams qualify, alternate teams will be invited based on their performance in Local Qualifiers.
- New partners that will be announced shortly will offer exciting perks for competitors.
- Additional staff have been hired in response to the additional demand as the program continues to grow.
- Local qualifying events with 16 or less teams will qualify one team, 17 or more teams will qualify two teams.
For more information about the RBC PGA Scramble, visit www.rbcpgascramble.com