Education & PAT Schedule
- Business Fundamentals and Communication (Fall Offering #2)
- PGA Training Academy
- Start Date
- October 4, 2021
- End Date
- November 8, 2021
- Registration Deadline
- September 27, 2021
- # Registered
- 9 / 20
Credit Value : 3 Core Credits
Our four session, online instructor led course was developed and is now facilitated by one of your fellow members, Jordan Ray. Jordan was recently the Director of Golf at Bear Mountain; negotiating and signing agreement with Golf Canada to bring Development team to the facility on a semi-permanent basis, host professional for 2 PGA Champions Tour Events, and grew membership from 80 to over 400 members during his tenure.
*There is a pre-course worksheet that must be completed and submitted online 24 hours prior to the course start time.
Session 1. Monday October 4
Session 2. Monday October 18
Session 3. Monday October 25
Session 4. Monday November 8
• Professionally communicate with large groups of members, guests and staff using email and digital communication
• Report clearly and effectively to supervisor when completing a task independently
• Apply general business fundamental principles to the golf industry
• Explain where revenue is generated at different golf clubs (private, public and resort)
• Demonstrate efficient and effective business decision making abilities
Learners will only be permitted one missed class per course. If this total is exceeded, the learner will receive a not-yet grade for the course.
Assignment Resubmission Policy
Learners have a maximum of three resubmissions per assignment, project, or knowledge check to achieve a course's passing grade. A missed deadline is considered an attempt.
After receiving a 'Not Yet' grade for an assignment, the learner has a maximum of 2 weeks to resubmit the assignment. If the course passing grade is not achieved after the 3rd attempt, the learner will receive a grade of "Not Yet" and not receive credit for this course.
Refund Policy for Live Instructed Courses
After registration – full refund (minus $25 administrative fee)
After the first class – half refund of the course (minus $25 administrative fee)
After second class – $0 refund
For a detailed list of all PGA Training Academy Policies, please visit https://www.pgaofcanada.com/trainingpolicies