Education & PAT Schedule
- Building and Leading a Small Business
- PGA Training Academy
- Start Date
- November 5, 2019
- End Date
- December 3, 2019
- Registration Deadline
- November 13, 2019
- # Registered
- 11 / 20
Credit Value: 3
Delivery Method: Live instructed online course
Evaluation Method: project based assignments, 70%, maximum 3 resubmissions
Specialization: Teaching and Coaching
Live Sessions Dates : November 5, 12, 26, December 3
Time: 4:00pm eastern for 60-90 minutes each session
- Explain what it means to have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Explain the difference between being an entrepreneur and having an entrepreneurial mindset
- Identify their skills and strengths to justify why they are starting their own small business
- Create the business case
- Explain who you are targeting and why you have chosen that niche
- Critically assess road blocks and stagnant periods and make changes accordingly (how can a golf business be effective in the offseason)
- Understand basic laws governing being an entrepreneur
- Effectively market to the niche target audience
- Outline when to hire and how to manage employees
- Explain the challenges that comes with starting a business
- Identify long-term and short-term planning strategies
Meet Your Course Facilitator
Pete Davies is a qualified executive business coach, a learning and development trainer and creator of his company, NSM Training.
He is passionate about his personal goal of “helping people to achieve”.
Pete’s on-line sessions create a brilliant and fun learning environment through a supportive and inclusive communication style.
A keen golfer, with extensive experience in providing executive business coaching to clients across the public, private and voluntary sectors at a national and international level, he has successfully managed to combine business with pleasure by developing a deep knowledge and understanding of the golf industry.
For the past 6 years, whilst based in the UK, he has been successfully providing business coaching to golf professionals in Canada, the UK and the USA including both 1:1 coaching, as well as designing and delivering the PGA of Canada on-line Business Coaching Program for PGA Professionals in 2017/18.
Married with two grown up children, a Labrador and a granddaughter, he continues to strive to enjoy his golf and to experience as many different courses across the world as he can.
Registration is closed.