Education & PAT Schedule
- Golf Business Mentorship
- PGA Training Academy
- # Registered
Credit Value: 3.5 Elective Credits (Management and Leadership Specialization)
This mentorship course is designed specific for members who wish to learn more about the business of golf, running a club club or facility, managing a team/staff and careers to General Managers. Additional streams that are being offered include: Teaching, Coaching and Head Professional Mentorship.
With subject matter expert given by Dr. Emma Stodel, a leader in Sport Psychology, Education and eLearning, this blending learning course was developed with YOUR career in mind; as learners will be given the opportunity to network and develop themselves on an individualized level with an industry leader.
As a mentee in this program, it is expected that you will:
- Take initiative to drive the relationship and be responsible for your own career development and planning.
- Select a mentor who fits your area of interest and will expand your network of professionals.
- Have identified individual goals and objectives as the basis of registering for this program.
- Ask questions and commit to the touchpoints, deadlines, and action items agreed upon by the mentor/mentee.
- Ask for suggestions and advice early in the relationship.
- Be committed to put advice from the mentor into action (i.e.: The program is not theory-based; it is action-oriented.)
- Listen to your mentor’s advice, apply at least some of their ideas, and be prepared to report on updates throughout the program.
• Completion of a minimum five touchpoint, with a mentor who you have selected from the list of available mentors, over the course of a minimum 8 month timeframe.
• Meeting the minimum 30 minute duration for each touchpoint
• Completion of any documentation relating to each touchpoint (i.e. questionnaire or personal reflection etc)
Learners are only permitting to complete one mentorship at a time, for a maximum of two mentorships during your training as an Apprentice Professional.
"Not Yet" Policy
Any learner who does not meet the equivalent passing grade, does not meet the late policy, resubmission policy, missed time policy or contravene the Academy Integrity policy in a given course will receive no credit ("Not Yet") for that course.
Any learner that receives a "Not Yet" grade and is choosing/required to re-take the course will be able to do so at 50% cost of the course registration fee.Refund Policy for Mentorship Courses:
After registration – full refund (minus $25 administrative fee)
After the first touchpoint – half refund of the course (minus $25 administrative fee)
After second touchpoint – $0 refund
*any member who is 50% or more through a PGA Training Academy course will receive a $0 refund.
*any failing grade for a course will receive a $0 refund.
For a detailed list of all PGA Training Academy Policies, please visit https://www.pgaofcanada.com/trainingpolicies