Director of Golf
Located in Hammonds Plains, Nova Scotia, the Glen Arbour Golf Course is a private golf course located in Hammonds Plains, Nova Scotia, just west of Halifax and features a classic eighteen-hole championship course, a nine-hole par three as well as a practice facility. Glen Arbour is operated as a Limited Partnership whose philosophy is to create a course with excellent conditions in a family-friendly
environment, with service standards that are best in class.
- Glen Arbour Golf Course
- Date limite
- Job Summary
- The Director of Golf will be responsible for the daily management of the Glen Arbour Golf Course including all golf operations. The Director of Golf will lead the facility as its brand standard bearer, epitomizing the brand personality and working consistently to ensure the corporate culture is communicated, understood, achieved, and maintained. The Director of Golf will report directly to the General Manager.
- Promoting a personable and well-respected image within the club and the community, while ensuring member and guest expectations are consistently exceeded.
- Ensuring that all golf operations and activities are operated within the approved budget established by the Ownership.
- Providing management and administrative duties in respect to all business and accounting functions of the Club as required.
- Responsibility for the delivery of all golfing operations including but not limited to membership, tee sheet management and golf cart and club rentals.
- Marketing, scheduling and managing all club golf activities, leagues, and tournaments as required.
- Ensuring the enforcement of all golf policies, rules, and regulations for golfers.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining exceptional guest service standards.
- Coordinating the purchase and resale of pro shop merchandise within the inventory constraints mandated by the ownership.
- Managing the delivery of Junior Membership Golf including clinics, and weekly events.
- Developing and implementing a grow the game initiative including Junior Camps, Ladies’ Clinics, and other golf promotion events.
- Recruiting, hiring, training, and scheduling golf operations staff while fostering a positive work environment with polite and respectful staff.
- Participation in daily operations as required to support the team.
- Implementing and managing the POS system for all golf club sales to ensure accurate financial accounting.
- Cooperating as a professional resource to the GM and assisting with development of budgets and policies.
- Class "A" Professional and PGA of Canada Member in good standing preferred
- Combination of relevant education and/or experience will be considered
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, POS systems, and related industry software (i.e. Tee-on)
- A leader with strong business acumen and desire to provide exceptional customer service
- A natural drive for excellence.
- Salary commensurate with experience and education: salary range starting at $65,000
- RRSP with matching portion
- Extended Health and Dental Plan
- Full playing privileges
- Coverage of PGA membership dues
- Employment Duration
- Full-time permanent
- Contact Information
If this sounds like the job you’ve been waiting for and you’ve got the skills and experience to make it a perfect fit, we want to hear from you soon!
We will be accepting cover letters and resumes (preferably as one document) immediately, and beginning the interview process directly, so please don’t hesitate.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org