Calendrier des événements
- Improving Your Teaching with Technology
- Académie de formation de la PGA
- # Inscrit
Credit value: 2.0 Elective Credits (Teaching, Coaching Specialization)
Delivery Method: Asynchronous eLearning
Duration: Approximately 2 hours with additional time needed to complete the course evaluation
Availability: All Year
In the current teaching climate, subjective assessments of the golf swing are becoming fast outdated. New technologies are advancing the game in all areas — including teaching. There is an increasing number of available
diagnostic tools such as launch monitors, pressure and force plates, and 3D-motion capture technologies that can help you more precisely analyze the golf swing. Learn how to harness the power of technology to detect errors in the golf swing and improve your instructional ability.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
• Describe how the scientific method can be applied to golf instruction to improve outcomes
• Explain the basic movements of the human body and how they relate to the golf swing
• Describe how video, launch monitors, pressure and force plates, and 3D motion capture technologies can be used to capture, interpret, and present information on the golf swing to improve results
• Outline a plan for investing in technology
Learners have a maximum of three attempts to successfully pass the course knowledge check.
If the course passing grade is not achieved after the 3rd attempt, the learner will receive a grade of "Not Yet" and not receive credit for this course.
"Not Yet" Policy
Any learner who does not meet the equivalent passing grade, does not meet the late policy, resubmission policy, missed time policy or contravene the Academy Integrity policy in a given course will receive no credit ("Not Yet") for that course.
Any learner that receives a "Not Yet" grade and is choosing/required to re-take the course will be able to do so at 50% cost of the course registration fee.Refund Policy
Within 7 days of registration – full refund
Within 30 days of registration – half refund of the course
After 30 days of registration - $0 refund"
*any member who is 50% or more through a PGA Training Academy course will receive a $0 refund.
*any failing grade for a course will receive a $0 refund.
For a detailed list of all PGA Training Academy Policies, please visit https://www.pgaofcanada.com/trainingpolicies