Calendrier des événements
- Improving Your Golf Club Operations
- Académie de formation de la PGA
- # Inscrit
Please note - this course was incorrectly listed as an Elective Course under the Golf Operations Specialization Stream in our recent version of our member handbook. This course falls under the Roles of a Golf Professional elective credit category.
Credit value: 2 elective credits
Delivery Method: Asynchronous eLearning
Course Duration: Approximately 120-160 minutes
Course Availability: All Year
The effective operation of a golf business requires careful identification, development and maintenance of practices related to various functional areas. This module includes a set of exercises that provides learners with a functional and strategic understanding of the workings of a golf operation. Learners will explore an operation from various points of view including planning, managing, controlling, staffing, budgeting, and environmental analysis and strategy. Learners will gain knowledge about golf operations from a broad and detailed perspective
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of a successful golf operation
- Identify, acquire, and make use of demographic information
- Identify key analytics and variables of your tee sheet data
- Use newly acquired information to identify opportunities
- Put a plan into place to capitalize on such opportunities
- Identify risks associated with golf operations and plan mitigation strategies
- Examine your current operations procedures for areas of concern and then plan improvements
- Develop mitigation and prevention strategies for injuries at your facility
- Develop mitigation and prevention strategies for property damage at your facility
This course provides learners the opportunity to be evaluated in one of two ways:
1. Learners can complete the quiz after the course content is completed.
2. Learners have the option to present an idea to discuss with an evaluator on either a new concept or learning point from the course. This virtual meeting will be set-up using the virtual classroom tool within this course.
Quiz Reattempt Policy
Learners have a maximum of three attempts to successfully pass the course knowledge check.
If the course passing grade is not achieved after the 3rd attempt, the learner will receive a grade of "Not Yet" and not receive credit for this course.
"Not Yet" Policy
Any learner who does not meet the equivalent passing grade, does not meet the late policy, resubmission policy, missed time policy or contravene the Academy Integrity policy in a given course will receive no credit ("Not Yet") for that course.
Any learner that receives a "Not Yet" grade and is choosing/required to re-take the course will be able to do so at 50% cost of the course registration fee.
Refund Policy for Online Courses – Asynchronous:
Within 7 days of registration – full refund
Within 30 days of registration – half refund of the course
After 30 days of registration - $0 refund"
*any member who is 50% or more through a PGA Training Academy course will receive a $0 refund.
*any failing grade for a course will receive a $0 refund.
For a detailed list of all PGA Training Academy Policies, please visit https://www.pgaofcanada.com/trainingpolicies