Teaching Professional - Summer Camp
The Thornhill Club was established in 1922 and will celebrate its 100th anniversary next year. As one of the top-rated private facilities in the GTA, Thornhill offers an 18–hole Championship Golf Course, which hosted the 1945 Canadian Open. The newly renovated practice range and 9–hole Valley course also offer the perfect opportunity to sharpen one’s game. Outside of golf, Thornhill is a Club for all seasons with curling, fitness, tennis and our newly-built, resort-style pool — Members enjoy plenty of first-rate amenities on site.
- The Thornhill Club - Thornhill, Ontario
- Job Summary
The Thornhill Club is currently looking for a certified PGA of Canada Golf Professional to lead a 10-week summer camp program. The program sees 24 kids each week, ages 6 to 12. Most campers will be beginner/intermediate skill levels.
The camp program has daily access to practice range, short game area, simulators and 9-hole Valley Golf Course. The club will provide the necessary support of in-club instructors and counsellors to ensure the kids have a valuable learning experience in a safe and fun environment.
- Use professional judgment and expertise to recommend teaching and learning content and create custom lesson plans for students of varying skill levels.
- Required to ensure the teaching protocols for skills and drills are being implemented by all instructors.
- This position will require a few hours of in-club training session(s) with staff leading up to camp. Training would include health & safety, logistics and instruction.
- Conduct yourself in a manner that represents the core values of The Thornhill Club.
- PGA of Canada Member in good standing.
- PGA of Canada Specialization in Teaching strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in leading junior programs preferred.
- Proficient with golf technologies (video analysis, launch monitors and others).
- Passionate, approachable, educational, encouraging and proud.
- Strong communications skills.
- 10-week contractor position
- $1,500/week (based on 35 - hour work week)
- Access to facilities
- Further teaching opportunities at Thornhill
- Access to club marketing and promotions team
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
- Full-Time, 35 hours per week for 10 weeks
- Contact Information
Qualified applicants are required to submit their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com - Attention: Darryl Jinks
Submissions required on or before Friday, May 7, 2021
The Thornhill Club is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Codeprotected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disabilityrelated accommodation during the application process is available upon request.