Established in 1910, Rivermead Golf Club is home to the 1920 Canadian Open. Rivermead is an exceptional private course deeply rooted in Canadian golf history.
The successful candidate can expect a fast paced and dynamic environment accompanied by a healthy work/life balance. In addition to creating a memorable experience for members & guests, all team members are supported in the development of their professional career on and off the golf course.
We encourage our staff to actively seek out such development through member relationships, tournament participation, personal networking, and PGA of Canada seminars.
- Rivermead Golf Club - Gatineau, QC
- Job Summary
- The Rivermead is looking for a bilingual Teaching Professional to manage the many teaching programs offered to its members. The position is from April 10th, 2022, until November 1st, 2022. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head Professional.
- Develop, implement, and administer all academy programs (getting started, junior program), and private coaching programs and lessons;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of exceptional club culture through professionalism and positivity;
- Provide leadership and willingness to assist with training, coaching and mentorship of seasonal staff and assistant professionals;
- Collaborate with various stakeholders in communication, promotion, and marketing of all activities and lesson offerings;
- Develop, organize, and implement junior programs including camps and clinics;
- Club Sales, club fitting and basic club repair;
- Daily communication and organization with golf operation staff
- Create a warm, welcoming, and inclusive learning environment for all;
- Member engagement/relationship building through playing golf, and;
- Manage database of participants and progress
- Class ‘A’ Member of the PGA of Canada in good standing;
- Proven leadership of instructional programs;
- Club sales, custom fitting, and strong customer service expertise;
- Competent with TrackMan, GGGolf and social media platforms;
- Ability to lead a high volume and robust academy;
- Strong desire and drive to deliver exceptional customer service;
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, and;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The Rivermead offers an attractive compensation package, commensurate with the experience and quality of the successful candidate.
- 90% of lesson revenue
- 7 months employment (potential yearlong starting in 2022-2023 with winter academy)
- Equipment package & staff uniform
- PGA of Canada dues reimbursed (payable at end of the season)
- Staff meal program
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
- April 10th, 2022, until November 1st, 2022
- Contact Information
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at the Rivermead Golf Club, with our team. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested individuals are invited to email their detailed resume and cover letter in strict confidence to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.