Lead Instructor - International Opportunity
Pacific Pine Sports Group (PPSG) is a leading independent private sports academy focused on the teaching of sports and the development of sport education in China. PacificPine Sports in partnership with the PGA of America is the exclusive authorized licensed partner of PGA Youth Development Centers in Greater China. Focused on children ages 5 and up, PGA Youth Development Centers provide a full range of programs and instruction to players of all levels and aspires to instill a love of the game from an early age. Apart from Youth Development, PPSG also conducts adult instructional programs to help adult golfers and families.
PacificPine Sports, led by a senior management team that are long time PGA of America members, with deep teaching and operating experience in China, including Kevin Smeltz, one of GOLF Magazine’s “Top 100 Teachers in America” from 2013 until relocating to China. PacificPine Sports will operate PGA Youth Development Centers and Instructional Centers across Greater China with instruction provided by PGA members.
PacificPine Sports is looking for qualified PGA of Canada Professionals, with a proven track record of running and operating Golf Academies to a high standard of excellence.
All instructors must go through the PacificPine Sports instructor certification program which will help you to develop your own teaching while making sure our centers providing consistent instruction lessons and programs across the country.
- PacificPine Sports - Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
- Job Summary
- The Certified Lead Instructor will assist with the implementation of the golf instruction programs at the facility and target such programming at adults and junior customers. This position will provide professional instruction including private golf lessons, group clinics and assist with the marketing of new and existing player development programs to the facility’s customers and to the community. The instructor will be a good role model for other instructors while helping to build a great team atmosphere.
- Has a proven track record of improving students golf game through consistent instructional and coaching practices.
- Ability to lead instructors’ young in their career while coaching, directing, and being a good role model for them and helping them to become a Certified Lead Instructor.
- A team player that works well with other members of the team.
- To provide coaching to groups and individuals that is of a consistently high quality and meets or exceeds customer needs and expectations.
- To always take a proactive role in the relationship with the management to attract new students and retain the existing ones.
- To assist to organize, promote and deliver promotional golf events that generate new participants, new students or which grow the amount of golf played by established golfers.
- To develop the Golf Academy’s reputation of consistently delivering high quality coaching.
- Custom fit all types of clubs to individual specifications.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping of all lesson data including but not limited to bookings, lessons given and remuneration.
- Weekly office hours assisting with operating and administration tasks.
- Providing excellent customer service while keeping in contact with students and ensuring the best development for each and every student’s golf game.
- Report on instruction program data on a regular basis.
- Monitor training aids, video equipment, launch monitors, etc. to ensure all are up-to-date and in good working order.
- Passes the instructor certification program within one year of employment.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintain PGA of Canada membership in good standing
- PGA of Canada Specialization in Teaching and/or Coaching is an asset
- At least five years of teaching experience
- Ability to work individually and within a team environment.
- Fundamental knowledge of the game of golf, rules of golf, golf facility operations and tournament operations.
- Has fundamental supervisory practices and principles.
- Act as a role model for all employees by demonstrating the behavior and work ethic expected of all employees
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Friendly, outgoing personality with exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work with people of all ages, gender and abilities.
- Experience with video analysis systems and launch monitors a plus.
- Self-motivated with desire to promote and market
- Service and customer focused attitude
- Experienced in written and oral business communications
- A desire to continually grow professionally
- Competitive and available upon request
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Course Website
- Contact Information
Please submit your cover letter, resume and references in a .pdf format directly to:
- Patrick Quernemoen - email@example.com
- Ray Roessel - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kevin Smeltz - email@example.com
Employer does not wish to receive phone calls.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.