Wedding & Banquet Sales Coordinator
The Chilliwack Golf Club, established in 1958, is a semi-private facility located between Chilliwack and Abbotsford, only 45 minutes from Vancouver. It features magnificent tree lined fairways, a creek that meanders through the back nine and breathtaking mountain vistas in every direction. Members and the public have enjoyed the Fraser Valley’s most popular golf course for over 60 years.
The Canex Pavilion (our outdoor wedding and banquet centre) can accommodate up to 300 guests. Prior to the pandemic we were schedule to host 50+ weddings and receptions this year. Currently Chilliwack Golf Club is offering a 50 Guest all-inclusive wedding ceremony and reception package and we look forward to getting back to larger events in the near future.
- Chilliwack Golf Club, Chilliwack, BC
- Course Website
- Facebook Page
- Job Summary
The Wedding and Banquet Sales Coordinator, reporting to the General Manager, is responsible for all wedding and banquet sales, coordination and execution of all events at Chilliwack Golf Club.
You will be responsible for a team of approximately 20 team members and will have support from your banquet captain(s). You will be financially accountable for banquets including collection of deposits and final payments. This includes increasing sales, controlling costs, improve margins and growing the overall profitability of wedding and banquets.
The successful candidate will have excellent leadership and communication skills with the team, members and the public alike.
The Wedding & Banquet Sales Coordinator Job Description is broken down as follows:
- Event Experience
- Health & Safety
- Coordinate a sales and marketing program that ensures that wedding and banquet targets are achieved
- Coordinate weddings and banquets from initial concept through to event day and post event reconciliation
- Ensure exceptional customer service is provided and that guests enjoy a great event experience
- 2 years’ experience managing weddings, banquets and events
- Hospitality and event management certificate or diploma would be an asset
- $47,500 to $52,500 and will commensurate with experience
- Extended medical, dental and life insurance
- Bonus plan based on reaching financial targets
- Contact Information
On behalf of the Chilliwack Golf Club hiring committee, resumes with a cover letter (in one document and as a PDF) can be emailed to:
Bryan Ewart, General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Chilliwack Wedding Coordinator
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.