Purchasing Representative - Ontario
Hungry to embrace your favorite sport in your day-to-day life? You’re in the right place! Golf Avenue’s team is growing and we’re looking for our next Purchasing Representative.
At Golf Avenue, we’re on a mission to make Golf and sports more affordable with an eco-conscious approach. Alongside our partner companies Cycling Avenue and Golfbidder, we’re transforming the way customers shop for and sell their pre-loved sporting equipment.
Leveraging our online trade-in platform and our expansive knowledge of all things golf, we’re proud to be continuously giving used golf gear a new life. We turn one golfer’s used gear into another’s dream upgrade.
Sports are our starting point – but we won’t stop there. We aspire to offer the largest platform of resale and purchase of reconditioned goods online.
Join our team now and be a part of the transformation!
- Ontario, Canada
- Job Summary
Our supply sources number in thousands: suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and individuals. To help strengthen our presence across Canada, we plan to develop alliances with golf retailers and pro-shops in the Western Canada territory.
Golf Avenue is seeking a Purchasing Representative to build and nurture strong relationships with potential partners. The candidate will report to the General Manager, based in Montreal. Just like any long-distance relationship, it is crucial to maintain open lines of communication and adopt a proactive approach.
The ideal candidate should be:
- A people person. Interacting with potential partners and suppliers is central to this position.
- A go-getter. Someone who proactively identifies opportunities and thinks on their feet to seize them.
- A straight talker. Building trust through simple and honest communications is key
- Provide a strategic and creative purchasing model to achieve results.
- Manage pro-shops supply chain.
- Foster trade-ins with golf course pro-shops. Build and nurture strong relationships with golf pros in your territory.
- Establish a new customer base in your territory to generate new business leads.
- Work collaboratively with the marketing business unit to set up creative events in golf courses and golf shops to bolster supply chains.
- Optimize sales and trade-ins of our current accounts.
- Plan and manage growth in assigned territory with available tools (promotions, trade-in events, contests, etc.).
- Take part in monthly team meetings and provide input regarding sales strategies, product development and promotional tools.
- Create, plan and execute local itineraries, and coordinate in-store pick-ups.
- Validate purchase orders on a weekly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field, along with 1-3 years of experience being a representative.
- A knack for business development.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- An ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of CRM tools and the Office suite.
- Comfort using technologies (tablet, cellphone) and computer software.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Base salary & commission-based remuneration
- Per-kilometre allowance
- Cellphone allowance
- Existing customer base
- Independence in your role: Your work isn't judged by the number of hours you punch in, but rather by the impact that you have.
- A stimulating work environment in a rapidly growing organization.
- The benefit of an employee discount on our Golf and Cycling products.
- Most importantly, passionate colleagues who have your back and will help inspire you to put your best foot forward.
- Course Website
- Contact Information
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.