Outside Services Manager
The Valley Ridge Golf Club is located 15 minutes west of downtown Calgary, just North off of Highway 1 within the Valley Ridge community. Our 6,899 yard 18 hole layout is semi-private with an active membership and popular following among public golfers, and frequently plays host to events of both a social and competitive golf nature. The front nine meanders along the Bow River where you are immersed in the sights and sounds of nature in the river valley - while the back nine presents new challenges with exciting variation from hole to hole, showcasing breathtaking features and elevation changes. The golf facilities also include a double-ended grass driving range, short game area, and the largest practice putting green in Calgary. Our property is also remembered by our rustic yet modern clubhouse, complete with golf shop, member locker rooms, and two large banquet rooms that are consistently bustling with weddings, post-round banquets, and social events of all kind.
- Valley Ridge Golf Club - Calgary, AB
- Job Summary
- The successful applicant reports directly to the Valley Ridge Golf Operations Management Team, made up of PGA of Canada professionals. We are looking for an energetic individual, who is equipped to manage a dynamic section of our Golf Operations department, and aspires to grow into an active member of the Valley Ridge team for seasons to come. This is a seasonal, full-time position beginning in April and lasting through October.
- Overseeing the Outside Service team of supervisors and employees, alongside the Golf Operations department managers. This may include training team members, delegating tasks, establishing meetings, communicating updates and news, as well as scheduling staff according to a budget and events calendar.
- Lead the Outside Service staff members to ensure comfort, safety, and sanitization for members, guests, and fellow staff members – which applies to daily operations, as well as all necessary COVID-19 protocol and safety measures.
- Inter-departmental communication alongside the Golf Operations department managers. Efficient communication is to be established and maintained with the Turf Care, Food and Beverage, and Events managers.
- Lead the Outside Services team through daily responsibilities such as club cleaning, member bag storage, cart cleaning and staging, driving range maintenance and ball picking, golf event and program setup, and miscellaneous tasks concerning facility maintenance and member/guest services.
- Cultivating an environment of comradery and enjoyment among the Outside Services team members, instilling a sense of pride in the quality of work representing our facility, as well as providing exceptional service to all members and guests of the club.
- Energetic and outgoing personality.
- Strong sense of customer service and keen attention to detail.
- Leadership and people management skills to be applied on a daily basis.
- Self-Motivated to complete tasks both included and outside of the typical responsibilities.
- Ability to model conduct and character exemplary of a golf course managerial figure.
- Any previous experience as a guest services or golf shop team member or manager will be considered an asset, but is not required.
- First Aid & CPR certification will be considered an asset.
- $2,400 - $2,700 monthly
- Outside Services Uniform to be provided by club from the 2021 Adidas Performance Collection.
- Golf course and practice facilities playing privileges.
- 50% off select items from Mulligan’s Lounge while on shift.
- Competitive discounts on both soft and hard goods from the Valley Ridge Golf Shop.
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Course Website
- Contact Information
Please apply with resume, cover letter, and reference list in confidence to: Stephen Yanitski ‘PGA of Canada - Class A’ Assistant Golf Professional Valley Ridge Golf Club
Phone: (403) 221-9682 Ext. 223 | Email: email@example.com
Deadline for application is March 1, but is subject to change based on quantity and quality of applicants.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team; however only those deemed qualified will be selected for an interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.