Experiential Representative - GTA North
Since the creation of the first metalwood in 1979, TaylorMade Golf Company has established a legacy of breaking from tradition to reach new thresholds of performance. Driven to lead the industry in product innovation, we are committed to exploring new frontiers, pushing the limits of product manufacturing, and constantly pursuing the next great breakthrough in golf.
With a history of creating revolutionary products year after year, TaylorMade attracts many of the greatest athletes in all of golf. Led by Rory McIlroy, Dustin Johnson, Jon Rahm, Jason Day, and Tiger Woods, our elite Tour staff is a force to be reckoned with any time they tee it up on the PGA Tour. Further supported by a network of over 1,500 PGA Professionals, TaylorMade has representatives working directly with players at their local clubs, connecting people to the game and inspiring the next generation of golfers.
A highly competitive mindset runs throughout our entire company, attracting some of the most passionate personalities and brightest minds to join us in the industry. Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade has a global impact with regional offices and opportunities around the world.
- TaylorMade Golf Company - Barrie, Ontario
- Job Summary
The Experiential Representative is responsible for overseeing and/or executing consumer facing sales and/or promotional events within a TaylorMade territory. The Representative is responsible for custom fitting golf equipment and ensures the visibility and quality of TaylorMade equipment and products while providing all other related services to satisfy consumer requirements and requests within their territory.
6-month contract (Apr to Sept 2021)
- Manage and schedule Experiential events and appointments with local green grass professionals and consumers.
- Responsible for compiling and generating reports as they relate to customer service surveys.
- Train, schedule and oversee demo technicians within the territory.
- Maintains and manage the Fitting Equipment and Range Set-Ups for all Techs within the territory.
- Develops and maintain effective training partnerships with account locations.
- Activate launch monitor software and other applications to communicate consumer information and sales data reports to TM.
- Maintains the highest level of product and fitting knowledge to recommend the correct TM product to enhance player performance.
- Manage select fit accounts (once identified) in terms of equipment, training and servicing etc. May help Sales Reps to identify Select Fit locations based on account knowledge.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Be a constant professional and represent the brand in a positive manner and appearance
- Friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic: high comfort level engaging with customers
- Must be able to work independently and cohesively with others in achieving goals
- Must have strong organizational skills and be very dependable with the proven ability to manage multiple tasks and handle competing priorities each day
- Ability to be proactive and assertive and be skilled at problem solving
- Must be empathetic and respectful to both customer and consumer needs
- Strong level of written and verbal communication skills. Use of professional language and good judgment when interacting with customers regarding comparison of various product brands
- Ability to operate computer equipment
Education, Work Experience, and Professional Certifications:
- 2 years golf related Custom Fitting/Sales experience.
- PGA/PGM Affiliation preferred
- Must have golf industry, retail and/or education (i.e. PGM Program, Golf Academy) experience
- Must have experience with custom fitting golf clubs
- Must have Golf playing ability: 5 or better golf handicap is required
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- Flexibility in days and hours available for scheduled work; including evenings, weekends, and holidays when required.
- Extensive travel. Must be able to travel to various locations for experiential events (75% traveling)
- MUST be able to live in the defined sales territory with ability to travel within territory lines
- Must be able to lift and move heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
- To be negotiated
- To be negotiated
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Course Website
- Social Media Page(s)
- Contact Information
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, colour, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.