Director of Operations
Cardinal Golf Club is Canada’s premier public golf course and event facility. We offer four 18-hole courses that cater to a variety of skill levels along with a large double-sided practice facility and Miniature Golf Course. We also host hundreds of events a year including golf tournaments, meetings, banquets, weddings and other milestone events. In 2009, Cardinal became Canada’s Largest Golf Facility with the opening of RedCrest. In 2017, we acquired 4 other golf facilities in Southern Ontario and formed Cardinal Golf Group.
Cardinal has long been recognized as an industry and community leader, centered around a dedicated and talented team.
- Cardinal Golf Club - King, ON
- Job Summary
- The Director of Operations is responsible for providing effective leadership at the club. Specifically, he/she will make certain that all club employees are aligned with both the club and Cardinal’s Golf Group’s business objectives and in so doing ensure that the club's financial, operations, member and employee engagement targets are met.
- Monitors annual budget, revenue goals and expenses as well as generating various (weekly, monthly, etc.) business volume forecasts.
- Assist in the development of club capital budgets, overseeing that all projects are carried out properly and within budget
- Monitors monthly and other financial reports/statements on a daily, weekly and monthly basis for the facility and takes effective corrective action when necessary.
- Ensure all expense control systems are in place with close monitoring of all department expenses
- In conjunction with COO, develop sales, marketing, and net revenue plans and direct successful implementation.
- Responsible for initiating revenue growth strategies that include, but are not limited to net dues growth, event revenues, green/guest fees, rounds and retail sales.
- Ensure appropriate fee structures are in place and that the highest standards for golf service and programs, course and facility conditions, food and beverage quality and service, entertainment and other club services are exercised.
- Monitor member attrition (where applicable) and develop action plans to curtail member attrition and maintain it at the lowest possible level.
- Develop and enforce of all company policies and procedures across all departments including Health and Safety, Emergency Procedures, and Human Resources
- Directly manage department leaders that may include, but is not limited to: Director(s), Head Professional(s), Golf Course Superintendent(s), Food & Beverage Manager (s) and administrative staff.
- Oversee interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding and disciplining associates, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manage the performance of each of the department head at the club, setting clear expectations, providing regular feedback and ongoing coaching in an appropriate manner
- Motivate staff to achieve goals by conducting timely and productive staff meetings
- Maintain an active and positive work environment for all staff.
- Oversee the care and maintenance of all the facilities physical assets and each individual facility.
- Maintain exceptional member/guest relations by creating a quality environment through staffing, programming, service operations, and maintenance.
- Ensure follow up on serious member and guest complaints and concerns quickly and effectively.
- Actively participate in club events, making use of significant personal contact as a means of gathering feedback.
- Identify opportunity events, food and beverage services, golf and recreational facilities that satisfy on-going member/guest needs and implement to achieve revenue objectives.
- Ensure the highest standards for food and beverage service on each property.
- Develop and implement customer service training procedures, best practices, expectations, goals, and measurements of customer service quality.
- Developing and executing health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Preparing and enforcing policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Evaluating practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Responsible for maintaining reasonable inventory levels as they relate to Pro Shop Merchandise. This includes accurate receiving and tracking of inventory levels.
- Enforce the standards for performance for all food and beverage employees.
- Examine trends in the industry and the performance of the food and beverage department and make recommendations for consideration and implementation to the Cardinal golf Group team
Education, Certification & Experience
- 7 - 10 years of relevant management/leadership experience.
- Class "A" PGA of Canada Member in good standing is preferred
- College/University Diploma in a related field. Experience / knowledge of golf club operations including knowledge of turf, clubhouse and golf operations would be an asset.
- Demonstrated time management, organization and oral and written communication skills within a multi-unit operation.
- Proven track record of sales and sales leadership success, preferably within the golf industry.
- The compensation will be determined based on qualifications and experience of the individual.
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Management & Leadership
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
- Full-Time, Year-Round
- Contact Information
Please apply to Rob Brandon, Chief Operating Officer | robbrandon@cardinalgolfclub.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.