Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
As Regina's only private golf club, the Wascana Country Club has long been dedicated to family principles and providing the highest level of hospitality for members and their guests. For more than 100 years, the Club's peaceful wetlands setting, unsurpassed facilities, exquisite food and beverage opportunities and championship golf have made it one of the premier country clubs to belong. The Wascana has played host to numerous provincial and national championships, as well as the prestigious 2018 CP Women’s Open, won by Canadian golf superstar Brooke Henderson.
- Wascana Country Club, Regina, Saskatchewan
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Management & Leadership
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Facebook Page
- Job Summary
- After 12 successful years with the Club, our current Chief Executive Officer (CEO) has announced that he will be retiring at the end of his contract in January 2021. He will continue to lead the Wascana Country Club through this year’s golf season as we actively seek out his successor.
As the CEO, you will report directly to the Board of Directors, with complete oversight of all golf operations. This includes golf, golf course maintenance, professional shop, food and beverage, marketing and administration departments. You will successfully execute the strategic plan on behalf of the board, provide input into the strategic plan objectives, and develop and execute an annual operating budget that is financially responsible to the members.
- Business Acumen: manage the financial aspects of the club operations as it relates to budgeting, forecasting, and long-range capital and strategic planning
- Leadership: inspire the management team to uphold the highest club standards to the membership and their guests
- Communication: open to multiple avenues of providing information and can demonstrate to the membership and management team their willingness for engagement and to gain feedback and support
- Service Standards: ensure an elevated level of service delivery in all departments, appropriate to the high standards of the Wascana club environment
- Marketing: proactively develop sales strategies related to the retention and attraction of new members to the Wascana
- Innovation: ability to bring new opportunities to the Wascana for communication and sales efforts using new technology or platforms
- A proven track record of strong financial and operational skills
- The ability to build, and lead, a comprehensive membership, banquet and event sales strategy
- 10 years of senior leadership experience
- An energetic, personable, professional, service-orientated and relationship building attitude that is respectful of employees and members
- Experience in working with board governance
- A 4-year degree in Business, Management and/or Certified Club Manager (CCM) designation is preferred
- Previous job experience within the golf industry is an asset, but not a requirement, strong food and beverage management skills are required
- This position comes with an excellent compensation package (with a base salary starting from $110,000 and up based on qualifications) consistent with industry standards and with the status and quality of the Wascana Country Club.
- To Be Negotiated.
- Contact Information
Please forward all resumes along with a detailed cover letter to:
Attention: Jeff Ciecko,
Consultant Email: email@example.com
Subject Line: Wascana CEO Application
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit their resumes and detailed cover letter which addresses their qualifications and interest in the position by August 21, 2020.
Selected short listed candidates may be subject to both a criminal record and credit check. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.