Pro Shop Manager
Opened in 1914, the Kamloops Golf & Country Club is the oldest yet newest golf course in the city of Kamloops. The club underwent a full course renovation by golf course architect Ted Locke in 2009 and re-opened for play in 2010. Set amongst mature trees, this easily walkable course is a shot makers dream. Since the renovation, the course has been recognized as the place to play in Kamloops. We are very excited to host the PGA of BC Assistants and Seniors Championships this July 19th and 20th.
- Kamloops Golf & Country Club - Kamloops, BC
- Job Summary
- General Manager, Alec Hubert is currently seeking the services of a PGA of Canada Class “A” Professional, or very qualified Apprentice Professional, to fill the role of Pro-Shop Manager for the remainder of the 2021 season and beyond. This role is perfect for an individual looking to develop and progress in their career within the golf industry, with aspirations of becoming a Head Professional. An opportunity to become the Head Professional at the Kamloops Golf and Country Club would be made available to the right candidate.
- Coaching and supervising Pro Shop staff of 8 – 10 people
- Executing training standards for the Pro Shop team to ensure consistency in our service (best practices)
- Managing inventory of all products and implementing controls
- Ensuring all ordering and receiving is conducted in an efficient and effective manner
- Developing and executing a monthly retail calendar with promotions and incentives
- Managing the day to day operation of the tee sheet
- Handling any group/tournament bookings
- Working with the Golf Academy team to further develop programs
- Running our junior program, events, and junior summer camps
- Participating in all vendors supported demo days
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a PGA member (Class “A” Member preferred)
- Organized and able to lead the Pro Shop team
- Business minded individual that will grow our Pro Shop retail operation
- General computer knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office
- Strong club fitting and product knowledge
- Someone who takes pride in their golf game and participates in PGA run events
- Golf Genius tournament management experience
- Highly visible, great communicator, and outgoing personality.
- Full time year-round employment with a starting salary between $50,000-$52,000
- 80% of lesson revenue on private lessons
- Commissions on the sale of golf equipment
- 2022 PGA dues paid
- RRSP matching program 2%
- One free meal per shift worked
- Monthly cell phone allowance
- Golf equipment package is provided
- PGA of BC Pro Assistant entry fee and expenses paid
- Golf and practice facility privileges
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
- Full Time, Year Round
- Contact Information
Qualified applicants should apply by e-mail with cover letter and resume to Alec Hubert, General Manager email@example.com quoting “Pro-Shop Manager” in the subject title by Thursday July 29th, 2021.
Start date for this position is flexible but ideally would be early September.
Any interested parties that are playing in the PGA of BC Assistants’ Championships July 19th and 20th are welcome to discuss this opportunity with Alec Hubert during your time at the club.
Kamloops Golf & Country Club appreciates and thanks all candidates for their interest in applying for this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.