Head Professional/Teaching Professional
Bloomington Downs Golf Club in Richmond Hill, Ontario is an 18 hole public golf course that opened in 1989. The golf course measures 6034 yards from the longest tees, and features two sets of tees for different skill levels.
- Bloomington Downs Golf Course - Richmond Hill, ON
- Golf Operations
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Job Summary
The Head Golf Professional/Teaching Professional will provide leadership, foster teamwork and assist in supervising the daily operations of the golf course.
Duties will include but not be limited to: inventory control and merchandising, training, supervising and scheduling of departmental staff, tee sheet and POS management, oversee the daily collection and processing of payments for golf and food and beverage sales, co-development and execution of marketing and promotion plans.
Head Golf Professional/Teaching Professional will oversee the effective management of all department functions including range, golf course, batting cages, mini golf, golf carts, outside service operations and snack bar. The Head Golf Professional will ensure the desired level of customer service is manifested consistently by all personnel.
Work Term: April 1st – November 30th
Key Operations Functions:
Effectively staff and operate the Golf Shop, outside service, driving range, tournaments, outings, regular play, and lessons.
- Assist the General Manager with the golf course’s annual budget planning and forecasting.
- Ensure the proper and timely collection of all charges and fees associated with all activities.
- Manage Golf Shop purchasing, merchandising, and inventory control.
- Manage Snack Bar purchasing, merchandising and inventory control.
- Support the development of new programs, services and events that will contribute to the growth of golfers and revenues.
- Manage projects as assigned by the General Manager.
- Regulate starting times and monitor speed of play on the golf course.
- In conjunction with Human Resources and rules, policies and procedures, hire, supervise and discipline Golf and Snack Bar employees.
- Consult with the Golf Course Superintendent/Operations Manager in all matters of mutual interest in connection with the course and the driving range.
- Design and execute a golf teaching program.
Golf Teaching Function:
Bloomington Downs’ practice facility is one of the largest in the GTA. The successful candidate will be charged with developing programs that make it one of the top teaching academies in the region. The focus will be on juniors, women and learn to play programs as well as developing the skills of already accomplished golfers.
- Teach and promote instruction programs.
- Organize and co-ordinate golf camps/ clinics for juniors, women and beginning golfers.
- Develop a golf instruction methodology for Bloomington Downs Golf Course.
- Provide individual lessons and offer multi-lesson packages.
- Provide and deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (correspondence, phone and presentation skills).
- Previous management experience at a golf course.
- PGA of Canada Class A certification. Golf Canada Development certification an asset.
- Passionate about teaching the game and developing future golfers.
Work Characteristics: Some heavy lifting required. Work hours based on seasonality and business levels.
- To be negotiated. Combination of salary and revenue from conducting camps, clinics and private lessons with the candidate receiving up to 80 % of total teaching revenue (based on experience).
- Contact Information
Please email your cover letter and resume to James Turcott at Info@bloomingtondowns.ca.
All applications will be held in strict confidence.
To view the PDF Job Description, please click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.