Established in 1914 with the vision of building a community in Canada’s ocean playground province of Nova Scotia; Brightwood Golf & Country Club was founded in the heart of Dartmouth, minutes from downtown Halifax. Delivering a premium golf experience for over 850 members, with unparalleled views, featuring our unique Donald Ross designed, challenging, par 68 golf course. The Brightwood membership has a proud legacy of being home to more provincial and national champions than any other golf club in Nova Scotia.
- Brightwood Golf & Country Club - Halifax, NS
- Job Summary
- We are seeking a dynamic, industrious leader of our golf operations. Reporting to the General Manager, the Head Golf Professional is responsible for the day-to-day management and execution of all golf related activities and will play a leading role in aligning the clubs’ strategic objectives with golf policies and services. You will be responsible for the management, oversight and staffing of the pro-shop operations, club events & tournaments, club storage, cart storage and practice facilities. You will seek to enhance the customer experience, through innovation, attention to detail and the implementation of a member-first focus.
- Management, control and supervision of the clubs’ golf operations, events, and services.
- You will be responsible for recruitment and training of pro shop and club storage staff; this will include oversight and leadership, managing staff performance and setting standards that deliver a superior customer experience.
- Responsible for setting and managing the pro-shop annual budget.
- Oversight of purchasing, merchandising, inventory management, margin controls and fiscal management of the golf shop.
- You will organize, schedule, and execute all club golf events, including tournaments, leagues, club championships and external golf events.
- You will work closely with the clubs’ match committee, women’s division, and junior division to spearhead golf activities for each membership category.
- Ensure a teaching program for golf lessons is available to all demographics of the membership.
- Implement and maintain operating procedures commensurate with club policies and member expectations.
- You will oversee POS, tee-time reservation system, weekend lottery draw.
- You will lead by example and be an ambassador for your club and your profession.
- Several years’ experience as a Head Golf Professional with a PGA of Canada designation is required.
- Completion of a Golf Course Management Program would be considered an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, computers, POS systems and related industry software.
- Strong management and leadership skills and a working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Experience in recruiting, training, scheduling and staff development.
- Strong customer service and communication skills with the ability to deal with different personalities with professionalism and diplomacy.
- Experience with budget management supported by a strong business acumen with a customer centric focus.
- We offer a competitive year-round compensation package commensurate with experience.
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Course Website
- Contact Information
If you possess the experience, desire, and applicable skill sets to lead our exceptional golf team at Brightwood, we want to hear from you.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email, prior to the application closing date on Sunday 5th December 2021.
Brightwood Golf & Country Club
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.