Located on the eastern edge of Ottawa, Camelot Golf & Country Club is a private member-owned club, with high standards of operations focussed upon providing service excellence experiences. Rated in the Top 100 Golf Courses in Canada each year since 2016 (SCOREGolf), the club is looking for an exceptional leader in the golf department who can deliver upon the club’s strategic objectives. Please visit our website for further information: https://www.camelotgolf.ca/
- Camelot Golf & Country Club - Cumberland, Ontario
- Job Summary
Reporting to the General Manager/COO, this is a year-round position with the quieter winter months serving as balance for the busy golf season from April to October. Ideally the selected candidate will start their employment at the club at the beginning of 2022.
Camelot is seeking a service driven, passionate and visible Head Golf Professional to lead our Golf Operations. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, ideally in both official languages, equally adept at listening to and engaging with our membership. An employee oriented motivator, our new Head Professional will build a strong team, be a mentor for their staff and embrace change. Collaborating with fellow members of the Senior Management Team, the candidate will be present, accountable and possess a high degree of business acumen. First-hand experience in delivering exceptional service, and anticipating members’ needs will be crucial.
A formal job description is available for review upon request, which details the expectations under the following broad categories for which the Head Golf Professional will have responsibility:
- Pro Shop Retail Operation
- Golf Operations
- Leadership & Human Resource Management
- Member Services & Committee Support
- Administration for Golf Operations
- Club Event Management
- Internal & External Club Representative
- Class “A” Golf Professional member of the PGA of Canada or equivalent in good standing.
- Has a proven track record as a Head Golf Professional or Associate Golf Professional at a member-owned or similar private golf club with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience.
- Has a passion, intrinsic desire, and willingness to serve. Dedicated to providing exceptional
service to members and their guests.
- A strong business acumen is required to manage/operate annual operating and capital
budgets and Pro Shop retail operations.
- Strong communication skills – bilingualism preferable but not required.
- A strong team member, who collaborates well with colleagues & committee members.
- The Club will offer an attractive compensation package, commensurate with experience, which will include a competitive base salary and performance bonus
Including but not limited to
- PGA of Canada dues
- Professional development support.
- Relocation expenses may be covered, where applicable, with restrictions.
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Course Website
- Contact Information
Apply today by sending your resume and a letter describing your fit with this opportunity to the
chair of our Search Committee, Greg Richardson, GM/COO, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday November 3rd/2021.
Camelot Golf & Country Club welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.